New ivites from WA through SkillSelect

Guest Going there

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's incredible! We've been at the process for 2.5 years now after having a very bad time with migration agents. We're now doing it on our own and it's going super quick. But it really can't come quick enough! Have you applied now then? If so, how long ago did you do it?

I have been filling it out all day! I´ve completed the app form and am at the stage where I need to supply supporting documents. I now have to wait for my police checks and have a medical before I can go any further. I live in Spain and there are only 2 places in the whole country where we can do our medicals, I actually have to book a flight to get there! I have done it without an agent and it´s all going ok, the longest time is waiting for documents that I have requested from institutions. Writing/typing out the same info over and over on lots of different form is driving me up the wall but it will all be worth it in the end, won´t it?!

[TABLE=width: 758]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Birth or Age, Evidence of - Passport[/TD]

[TD=class: align-left]31/07/2013[/TD]

[TD=class: align-left]Required[/TD]

[TD=class: align-left]Attach document[/TD]

[TD=class: align-left]app?cacheKey=d77cdbee&wc_static=%2fimages%2fsmall%2fhelp.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Character, Evidence of[/TD]

[TD=class: align-left][/TD]

[TD=class: align-left]app?cacheKey=d77cdbee&wc_static=%2fimages%2fsmall%2fhelp.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Language Ability - English , Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Qualifications - Australian, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of - Letter/Statement - Education Institution[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Skills Assessment, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Travel Document[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Work Experience - Australian, Evidence Of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence Of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Health, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Identity, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of - Other (specify)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

That´s for me - the primary applicant - colour scanned or black and white certified

and for secondary applicant - my husband

[TABLE=width: 758]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Relationship - Spouse, De facto Partner, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Character, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Birth or Age, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Language Ability - English , Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Health, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Custody, Evidence of[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Form 1221 Additional personal particulars form[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: align-left]Travel Document[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I also think we are waiting for a case officer - no time frame on how long that takes as yet.

Wow, this brings back memories of the skills assessment process! So do I take it that if you can scan in colour documents then they don't need to be certified then? What does 'travel document' mean? Thanks so much for this list, it's really helpful and will save a lot of time if we get the ITA! :-/

Yes it´s very similar to the skills assessment. Passports will do as a travel document or national identity cards if you have one. Colour scans don´t need to be certified - you are correct! I would start uploading some of those docs to save a bit of time if you can. It´s going to take me ages! Fingers crossed you hear from them soon.

We have just had an email back today to say SS has been approved..signed the terms and emailed back...just waiting then for a visa invite!! Cannot believe how quick this has gone through since they changed the process on the 1st July...We only put our EOI in on the 17th of this month and didnt expect to hear anything for at least a month..Happy days!!!

As my sig says, I submitted my EOI on the 29th but that was the evening UK time so was the 30th WA time. At 04.26 this morning I received an email from Skills select informing me that WA are looking at my SS application. I work that out at about 26 hrs, now that has impressed me!

Anyone know how long it takes for them to "look" at my EOI?

As my sig says, I submitted my EOI on the 29th but that was the evening UK time so was the 30th WA time. At 04.26 this morning I received an email from Skills select informing me that WA are looking at my SS application. I work that out at about 26 hrs, now that has impressed me!

a few hours, same day at least, congrats

Hiya, we did the state nomination test on Thurs 25th July and we got the e-mail confirming approval of SS on Tue 30th July. The test was pretty straight forward although they still seem to be having some teething issues with the layout and we ended up having to ring WA e.g. On the final summary it asked for min salary and max salary but on the working in WA section there was no where to fill it in. Also when we entered the d.o.b every single time when we got to the summary page it had changed the d.o.b by one day. When we rang they told us not to worry they were aware of the issues.

Anyway it's all sorted now just waiting for the invitation to apply!!

Cat

Less than 24 hrs and we've been asked to apply for SS in WA. Here goes.....................

Well done flatpack :) hope you get the answer you're looking for quickly!

Rendleroo, yes we have a 4 year old son. I'm a bit confused about when he'd start school as I thought it would be Feb 2015 but I saw a chart on here which said he'd start in 2014, but he'll still be 4 then, although with the cut off dates he'll be one of the youngest in his year. :S A 2014 start would be perfect as it would save on childcare and mean he won't have to start school here in sept then leave and wait another year to restart in Aus ( if that makes sense). Childcare is really expensive so if he doesn't start school til 2015, I plan to stay at home with him until then to save on childcare costs, or maybe look into an evening job.

Hi,

We submitted our EOI on 18 July 13 and got ITA for SS on 26 July 13, we got our approval letter yesterday and printed it, signed it and emailed last night so now just waiting to hear from agent. Should be lodging our 190 in the next few days, fingers crossed.

we are all so excited now and can't believe how quickly everything is going through as we only started the process on 15 May 13. Our agent ( Visa Bureau )has been fantastic and everything has gone through without a problem( so far ). Even our 4 yr old son keeps saying " When we go to Australia can we......." Which is very cute.

Anyway I hope everyone else has a great day and I bet all everyone can think about now is Oz and all the jobs we have to do to get out there.

Cheers, Mike. :biggrin: