Looking for some advice.......

KatieLou

Hello Everyone, I am new here and trying to get a bit of advice.

My partner and I have been considering a move to perth with our 18 month old daughter.

I have been trying to find a bit of a checklist list of costs we need to consider once we move to perth, we are lucky enough that we have relitives to stay with for a while so housing costs aren't an immediate issue. Its more the health costs, insurnaces and other forgotten things.

Does anyone now of a good site that runs through these things?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kate

Do you have visas or citizenship. Do you qualify for a visa?

As health costs, will be determined by which visa that you are on?

Hi DyLeb,

We dont have visas yet as we are still at the planning stage. I want to be fully aware of all the costs before we make a decision. I hold qualifications in accounting so I am eligible to apply for the 189 independant visa and my partner and child will be 2nd/3rd applicants.

Kate

Hi DyLeb,

We dont have visas yet as we are still at the planning stage. I want to be fully aware of all the costs before we make a decision. I hold qualifications in accounting so I am eligible to apply for the 189 independant visa and my partner and child will be 2nd/3rd applicants.

Kate

If you are a PR on 189 - you will get full access to Medicare, and can get some financial childcare help depending on salary.

You should also factor in the costs of getting visas, Visa application charges have increased alot since 1 July, medicals, and costs of relocating to Australia.

You also need to factor in how long it will take you to gain employment and how long you might need to support you and your family until you do. From posts on here and from personal experience, I would suggest that you need to have enough money behind you to support your family for about 6 months. Migrating can be a very expensive business and you need to approach it without wearing rose coloured specs and money in the bank to back you.