how much money will we need

angela33

There is always the bonus of the potential tax rebate you can claim when leaving the country and this can be a couple of £k! A little something to look forward to. It has taken us nearly three years to get to where we are now as we were totally ripped off by a migration agent; we have completed most of it now on our own. We don't have two brass pennies to rub together now until our house is sold but we have managed, albeit slowly, to get to the end - well nearly. We're just waiting to hear now.....chewing our nails!

Good luck rendleroo. My husband spoke to austalian immigration a few days ago and they said they could arrange a job etc. Does this sound true? I was hoping not to use an agent if we could get by on our own.

How is everyone feeling about leaving loved ones? I am really close to my mum as I'm an only child I can't imagine life without her but I want the best for my kids.

anyone know roughly how much money a single person would need to gain entry when they are nearly 60?

Thanks

I'm intrigued about the Australian immigration thing too, sounds interesting. As for leaving loved ones, it's an emotional roller coaster. Like you I'm close to my mum but she's not very supportive just now as reality is looming. The same could be said for my dad. You don't really know what you're going to miss until you get over there I suppose. I'm hoping that when we get over there we may be able to meet with peeps off the forum possibly, share stories and learn about the reality of living down under form those who have already made the move. Don't give up, or at least give it a shot. The UK will always be here too........

Guest guest10912
Good luck rendleroo. My husband spoke to austalian immigration a few days ago and they said they could arrange a job etc. Does this sound true? I was hoping not to use an agent if we could get by on our own.

How is everyone feeling about leaving loved ones? I am really close to my mum as I'm an only child I can't imagine life without her but I want the best for my kids.

anyone know roughly how much money a single person would need to gain entry when they are nearly 60?

Thanks

No definitlely does not sound true, I suspect your OH must have spoken to some company calling themselves "Australian immigration" or similar, I expect next they would want to get some money off you in return for "helping you find a job". In the even that your hubby did speak to immigration, then he spoke to someone that doesn't know what they are talking about. Which is also highly probable.

If your mother wanted to get a parent visa, it is about $45k at the moment so very expensive. There is a cheaper option, but that has a long queue and a processing time of 15 years.