Countdown to Perth

blackcat

Hello Portlaunay

Yes I have, although many years ago. Expect it's grown quite a bit since then. Lovely city, beautiful beaches, something Brissy sadly lacks...

Hi Blackcat, Welcome to PP!

Interesting to read that Brisbane lacks the beaches. Were you based in the city?

We did a tour of Oz last year, crammed in as many places as poss on the east coast but never got to Perth! We went to Sydney, then cairns, melbourne then Brisbane. I was always looking for the quintessential Ozzy beach but never found it until we went to Brisbane. We travelled north to noosa and I fell in love with the beach! At last I had found what I was looking for! Then we travelled south to surfers paradise on Christmas Day and I was blown away by the beach, WOW!

So how do the Perth beaches compare to the ones I mentioned? I would love to hear what your take on it is, having been to both cities.

All the best and good luck with the move.

Hi and thanks for the welcomes :-)

Brisbane doesn't technically have any beaches at all... I live close to the city and the closest beach is Redcliffe which is nice enough but nothing special, and is Moreton Bay region, just outside greater Brisbane area. The Sunshine Coast is great (just north of Brisbane up to Noosa) lovely beaches and little towns, and Gold Coast, great surfing and swimming beaches, the best ones are south of Surfers which is a good 2 hours drive south of Bris down the Pacific motorway which can be a hideous drive. There's plenty but only for a day out. A lot of people do live on the GC for the lifestyle and commute into Bris but it's a long drive and the Pac motorway is like a carpark in rushhour. The GC is also not for everyone, but that's another story.. :jiggy:

Hi and thanks for the welcomes :-)

Brisbane doesn't technically have any beaches at all... I live close to the city and the closest beach is Redcliffe which is nice enough but nothing special, and is Moreton Bay region, just outside greater Brisbane area. The Sunshine Coast is great (just north of Brisbane up to Noosa) lovely beaches and little towns, and Gold Coast, great surfing and swimming beaches, the best ones are south of Surfers which is a good 2 hours drive south of Bris down the Pacific motorway which can be a hideous drive. There's plenty but only for a day out. A lot of people do live on the GC for the lifestyle and commute into Bris but it's a long drive and the Pac motorway is like a carpark in rushhour. The GC is also not for everyone, but that's another story.. :jiggy:

hi Blackcat,

We stayed in Redcliffe when we were touring round. Again, as you say, the beach was nothing special. Not something I would want to swim in as very grey and not clear. That's why, once I saw Noosa and surfers P I was blown away. They were everything I had expected an Ozzy beach to be.

So as you have the experience of the above two and Perth beaches, how do they compare? Will I find comparable beaches in Perth?

Hi Akasully2,

Well, I think you're in for a treat! I'd say Perth's beaches are at least as good as Qld's. But have the additional benefit of being close enough to Perth to be enjoyed... The Sunny Coast is great but, depending on your occupation, doesn't really offer sufficient employment opportunities, and the GC is not to everyone's taste, great beaches but wouldn't want to live there

Hi Akasully2,

Well, I think you're in for a treat! I'd say Perth's beaches are at least as good as Qld's. But have the additional benefit of being close enough to Perth to be enjoyed... The Sunny Coast is great but, depending on your occupation, doesn't really offer sufficient employment opportunities, and the GC is not to everyone's taste, great beaches but wouldn't want to live there

I loved it when you said I was in for a treat!!! Made me grin and feel chuffed! So looking forward to being amazed.

Exactly as you say, no work on Sunshine Coast and undesirable elements on GC, although I fell in love with the idea of living on Tamborine Mountain.

Thank you so much for the insight!