Butler college & quinns beach primary

Cornishpoms

Only been here since Wednesday and at least four people have said "avoid clarkson"!! Lucky our house is not in the catchment area.....phew!

That's why the private schools in and around Mindarie are full. Clarkson High has not the best rep and is the catchment area school.

• 4 months later...
Does anyone one have children at either of these school?

We have just got a rental within the catchment area.

My son will go into year 8 at butler and my daughter year 6 at quinns.

Hi Cornishpoms,

Just wondering how your son settled in at Butler College? I hear there is currently only one Year of schooling available right now. Is this correct and if so, will Year 9 be avail soon? I was about to disregard Butler as I thought we would have to register at Clarkson High but now it is sounding more appealing.

Thanks.

I used to be of the view that the reputation of a school mattered. I pulled my 15 year old out of a very good private school and sent her to a 'dodgy' public one. She is so much happier and doing so much better. Don't disregard the dodgy school. There are many good kids and good teachers and if your child is a child that can step away from trouble they will do just as well IMO.

• Like 1

I used to be of the view that the reputation of a school mattered. I pulled my 15 year old out of a very good private school and sent her to a 'dodgy' public one. She is so much happier and doing so much better. Don't disregard the dodgy school. There are many good kids and good teachers and if your child is a child that can step away from trouble they will do just as well IMO.

Glad to hear your story. Good advice. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

Hi Cornishpoms

Just wondering how you got with schools - we are moving to Jindalee from Mullaloo and Im just wondering what the best option for my 9 year old daughter will be. I can leave her were she is and has just started to settle but just worried that not going to be great long term socially, we could walk to Quinns Beach, and I ve heard good things about Butler primary. Always difficult to know what to do for the best so any information and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Louise

I think Quinns Beach is the Public school and Quinns Rock is the private Baptist College - I would be interested on anyones feed back on either : )

There are 2 public primary schools in Quinns Rocks - Quinns Beach and Quinns Rocks. There is then the private Quinns Baptist College which is a K-12 school I believe.

Ahh - thanks Arwen - No I hadn't realised that there were 2 Public schools in Quinns. Peter Moyes does look like a lovely school but they told me I was very unlikely to get a place in the 3 next years as parents put their kids names down from Birth. Rude not to reply to your email though Jason I think - when are you guys moving over by the way?

Late June or July, depends on house sale, we was hoping to start Maddison when they go back to school for the 2nd part of the year, but not sure if this will be possible as i assume the schools will be shut and they dont seem too keen on speaking or accepting applications until we are in Perth.

Will have a look at schools in Ridgewood as well, anyone have any experiance of the ridgewood area as a whole or the schools there ?

Thanks

Late June or July, depends on house sale, we was hoping to start Maddison when they go back to school for the 2nd part of the year, but not sure if this will be possible as i assume the schools will be shut and they dont seem too keen on speaking or accepting applications until we are in Perth.

Will have a look at schools in Ridgewood as well, anyone have any experiance of the ridgewood area as a whole or the schools there ?

Thanks

As long as you can get a place you can start at any time, in the public schools you just have to prove you are in their catchment ( i.e. lease agreement ) - there is a two week winter holiday in July, a half term in October, then the six week summer holiday is over Christmas. Then new school year then starts in February.

Good Luck with your house sale : )

• 2 years later...