Bricklayer after advice.

Broadly

Hi new to Perth poms!

Moving out to South Perth in a few months.

Just wondered how work is in this area for bricklayers?

Also has anyone applied to become a registered builder to sign off houses and build your own?

I have 22 years experience as a bricklayer but can do most things. Just wondered what pay is like and is work available? Thanks in advance!

Guest brickiesru27

Hello there is lots of work if you are stuck when you are over here my partner has jobs PM for bricklayers

Edited by portlaunay
mobile number

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
What are the wages like in perth please?

On day rate it can range between 300 to 400 a day price work ranges from 1.60 per brick up to 2

To have a licence involves going back to school I'm afraid think it's about a 6 mounth course then you have to apply I think some areas issue a certain amount from what I can gather it's not that easy to get one . I woundnt be to bothered about having a licence when you get here there's lots to do before u get to that stage

Always loads of ads for brickies in the Western Australia and I'm talking 20-30 every week. Brickies that are on the same site as me are getting $1.70 a brick and can lay 100 a day on good days but as you well know not everyday is long straight walls.

As for your builders license, minimum of $6k and 18months to 2 years studying and 7 years experience, I'm a chippie with 25 years UK experience and just trying to find out wether they'll take it into account. It doesn't stop there though, to start your own business as a licensed builder you'll need money, and lots of it, approx $100,000 in the bank!!!

Hi new to Perth poms!

Moving out to South Perth in a few months.

Just wondered how work is in this area for bricklayers?

Also has anyone applied to become a registered builder to sign off houses and build your own?

I have 22 years experience as a bricklayer but can do most things. Just wondered what pay is like and is work available? Thanks in advance!

You are very lucky mate, at the moment brickies are really sought after in Perth. You will find the whole way of building in Perth is quite different from the UK so be prepared to do things in a different way. A lot of building work follows the urban sprawl that is going north, south, and east from Perth.

Go to builders sites such as Dale Alcock, Summit Homes, Commodore Homes etc to get a feel of what houses people are buying. PS I'm not a building company trying to tart for business.