Living in Atwell and looking to make new friends locally

Familyfive

Hi Bec I'm not there yet, we plan to leave the uk in september but hope you don't mind me joining this thread because atwell is one of the areas on our short list. Do you mind if I ask.. have you always lived in this suburb? What do you make of it?? Are the schools good - my children are age 7 and 3 so I need to consider primary and high. Any info would be great it's so scary from the uk trying to pick an area to live without having seen them all and knowing where to avoid!! Hope you don't mind me asking this on your post. Thanks :smile2:

Hi Ems

I hope you don't mind me answering a few of your questions. We currently live in Atwell and have been for nearly 2 years basically since we landed in Perth. We were exactly like you just didn't have a clue which suburb to pick as they are all very similar and you don't know which is good or bad!! We purely chose Atwell because it was the closest suburb to the city we could afford as my partner travels into the city every day for work! It's really lovely and quite close to a shopping centre which is being extended! I've got 2 kids age 8 and 3. My 8 year old goes to Atwell primary school and loves it...I can't fault it in any way. There is Atwell College which the High school which is right in the middle of Atwell. My friends 2 kids go there and she says its a brilliant school!

i hope this info is helpful to you!

Jen xx

Hi Ems, can also answer a few q's

we lived in Atwell for nearly 6yrs it's a great suburb, 2 kids currently attend Harmony primary school and love it, eldest just started at Atwell College and really pleased. Lots of activities to join the kids to at both the community centres in Atwell too. We now live in Wandi (5mins away) but that's only because we wanted to build a house this time as land is non existent in Atwell.

Good luck with the move

Kate :)

• 3 weeks later...

Atwell is awesome! We have been renting here since June with our 2 boys 4,7. They go to Atwell primary which is great. Such a convenient location for everything, city, beach, ADVENTURE WORLD! It's a good group they're talking about on here, too. I'd also be up for coffee etc in the week, now that I am a lady of leisure.

Claire

• 9 months later...