Things that drive you nuts

Akasully2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mortified, but my daughter has picked them up at school :eek: and her hair is waist length....nightmare! :embarrassed:

Its a pain, my sisters kids seem to be forever getting them, treating them then 2 weeks later they are back as other parents aren't treating their kids. The school won't tell other parents either! She bought a 'magic nit comb' made of metal with little spirals on the teeth which you use with loads of conditioner then repeat every few days. She says it works well (she has tried everything) and for her daughter who has long hair she also uses the hair straighteners on her hair which kills the eggs apparently!

Its a pain, my sisters kids seem to be forever getting them, treating them then 2 weeks later they are back as other parents aren't treating their kids. The school won't tell other parents either! She bought a 'magic nit comb' made of metal with little spirals on the teeth which you use with loads of conditioner then repeat every few days. She says it works well (she has tried everything) and for her daughter who has long hair she also uses the hair straighteners on her hair which kills the eggs apparently!

The thing that I have found which works amazingly is using tea tree shampoo and conditioner- the smell repels them :-)

( hope I've not spoken to soon.......)

J x

Edited by beandownunder
incorrect wording due to auto correct for which I apologise!

Guest guest9824

Hairspray is good for trapping the little blighters! I hate them, makes my skin crawl when I see them....and the noise they make when you squash them....Yuck! I felt like I had been the worse mum ever when my girls got them, felt like I hadn't done my job right, although I'm not sure what I could have done to stop the pesky blighters.....I must admit our school sends out a letter straight away as soon as someone has said their kids have them, they are supposed to keep them off and treat the hair, it's a good policy and works well in our school.

• 7 months later...

I love threads like this,

Its like watching "You Been Framed", you know someones going to get hurt, but you carry on watching and also laugh at them too.

My pet hate, people who

- spit in the streets, so gross,

- men who hold a knife like a pencil when having dinner,

- eating with your mouth open,

- leaving your Pu£!C hair all around the shower after a shower!!

- Resteraunt, I dont want anything, I will just have some of yours, ( NO YOU BLOODY WONT, JUST ORDER YOUR OWN FOOD MRS SLIM FAST)

- people who dont hold doors open for the elderly etc

- tailgaters ( I slow down even more and pretend I am parking at random locations and then change my mind and keep driving on. )

- people who think that life is all about them!!

I love threads like this,

Its like watching "You Been Framed", you know someones going to get hurt, but you carry on watching and also laugh at them too.

My pet hate, people who

- spit in the streets, so gross,

- men who hold a knife like a pencil when having dinner,

- eating with your mouth open,

- leaving your Pu£!C hair all around the shower after a shower!!

- Resteraunt, I dont want anything, I will just have some of yours, ( NO YOU BLOODY WONT, JUST ORDER YOUR OWN FOOD MRS SLIM FAST)

- people who dont hold doors open for the elderly etc

- tailgaters ( I slow down even more and pretend I am parking at random locations and then change my mind and keep driving on. )

- people who think that life is all about them!!

and today's pet hate from me is people who take their obnoxious kids to a playgroup and then sit and gossip while the said kid runs riot biting and scratching other kids THEN have the cheek to complain when people (me) dare to speak to their child- little sh@t. Sorry rant over!...

Guest Guest6235
and today's pet hate from me is people who take their obnoxious kids to a playgroup and then sit and gossip while the said kid runs riot biting and scratching other kids THEN have the cheek to complain when people (me) dare to speak to their child- little sh@t. Sorry rant over!...

We get cheesed off with that. We've taken our 11 month old daughter to a few of those soft play centres in the last couple of months and the amount of kids over the age of 4 running around in the areas designated for the under 4's is unbelievable. Their parents don't think anything of it.

I started this thread ages ago when I was working in the classroom and half the kids hadn't put their names on their work. I felt p'd off and found a way of venting my frustration. It made interesting reading to know what drove the rest of you nuts too.

I now find myself 8 months on, in Perth, reminiscing about those times in the UK. I now have different things that drives me nuts. Number one crime...people that do not pick up their dog's poo. Bloody disgusting and selfish. Makes me sick and furious. This is closely followed by those that pick up the poo and put it in bags only to leave it either on the pavement or hanging from a tree branch. Morons, the lot of them. I think I could get a job with the council fining people who either take their dogs on the beach where they are not allowed or for letting them crap with no intention of picking it up. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs and I'm currently obsessed with getting one of my own. I just detest irresponsible owners.

However, talking to hubby tonight about how he had to walk the family dog as a teenager and he admitted that back then no one picked up poo. It was just accepted that dogs poo'd on the street and people dodged it when out walking. Isn't it odd how some things that were acceptable then are so thoroughly rejected now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Apparently they won't even send letters to all parents asking them to de-lice for fear of bullying in the school! I found 6 live lice - yuk and I've treated her twice and she's still itching!

our school sends letters home, i didnt need the letter tho, disgusting little creatures, yuk !!

im sure ive got them all out this morning, but will be combing through laurens hair every night for the next week just to make sure !

lauren had quite long hair until recently, shes had it cut into a bob just because of the nits, its so much easier now.

ive loved reading thru this thread !! sorry about my grammar lol !! thru not through, i dont bother with epostrophies (not even sure thats spelt right) or capital letters !

anyway, the thing that bother me, its one person actually, when shes in my car as a passenger, she has road rage !! it drives me nuts, shes not even driving.

she shouts at the other drivers, if someone pulls out in front of me i just slow down and back off, but she gets herself all worked up !! it cant be good for you, all that stress.

that was the only thing i could think of but im sure there are more ! like nits, hmmm, and having dinner out, if said person has finished their dinner then they think its fine to start eating my dinner !! grrr that really bugs me.

i annoy myself sometimes, i feel i use !!!!!!!!! far too often, but cant seem to help myself lol !!!!!!!

omg this post is full of them :-/