what are you doing at this moment

odies

well, as i was talking to new oncoming shift about the woes of redundancy, one of them moved outside and beckoned me over! He informed me that the outfit next door were looking for people with qualifications and experience on a new aircraft they are receiving soon. I have this type of aircraft on my licence and 5 years of experience on it from my time at Flybe in UK. So phone calls were made, resume sent and waiting for Monday to come round, so hopefully i can receive a call asking for a chat! nothing concrete yet, but its a bit better than nothing, which is what is being offered by the flying kangeroos. They are also willing to take over my 457 and help with the PR thing. So.... forgive me for being a little bit optimistic!

well, as i was talking to new oncoming shift about the woes of redundancy, one of them moved outside and beckoned me over! He informed me that the outfit next door were looking for people with qualifications and experience on a new aircraft they are receiving soon. I have this type of aircraft on my licence and 5 years of experience on it from my time at Flybe in UK. So phone calls were made, resume sent and waiting for Monday to come round, so hopefully i can receive a call asking for a chat! nothing concrete yet, but its a bit better than nothing, which is what is being offered by the flying kangeroos. They are also willing to take over my 457 and help with the PR thing. So.... forgive me for being a little bit optimistic!

Fantastic, know you've had your fair share of ups and downs here but if this is what you want, everything crossed for you amigo. Let us know how it goes.

Good news Plimthing, when you say next door I'm presuming it Cobham, what new type are they getting, its about time they retired those old RJ's, aren't they affiliated with the flying kangaroo with the 717's

Sat waiting for my wife and daughter to return from the IGA.

We just discovered our little princess stole a packet of lollies from them this afternoon. She's being frog marched there to return them and apologise. We tried to reassure her that it was unlikely there would be any police involvement but she might have her photo taken and posted up at the entrance as a warning to others.

She's terrified.

fingers crossed, that sound fabulous xxxx

I guess your still left with the Education for your children though @Plimthing which you were saying you were not impressed with over there & those boring parks & beaches....banter

yes we are, but if we get the nod we can move and try a new school, one that doesnt give your child a certificate just for remembering to breathe in after they have just breathed out!

Good news Plimthing, when you say next door I'm presuming it Cobham, what new type are they getting, its about time they retired those old RJ's, aren't they affiliated with the flying kangaroo with the 717's

They are keeping those ageing british relics and the 717's, a new FIFO client has got them some Embraer 190's. Fingers crossed!

They are keeping those ageing british relics and the 717's, a new FIFO client has got them some Embraer 190's. Fingers crossed!

I keep hoping someone in Perth will bring in some CRJ's at least then i will have a choice of jobs, not just one, heard Virgin was getting rid of the 190's maybe its the same ones :biglaugh:

Good on you mate, I really hope it works out for you and when you are flying those metal birds, perhaps a cheap air ticket???....he he he he