what are you doing at this moment

odies

.... panicking as I don't think I will be ready for Christmas in time and I have a houseful to cater for! I was all organised and even had stamps on the cards ready to pop in the post when I had a call for help from close friends in Geraldton (Poms with no family in Oz) ..... pregnancy complications with number 2 which required hospitalisation of Mum to be... Little Miss 2 year old needed looking after and Dad couldn't be in three places at once (is a teacher with a graduating class and wanted to be with them as much as poss as well as with Mum to be...) So in "Surrogate Grandma" mode, jumped into my trusty motor and headed north..... Long story short.... 2 weeks later Mum and baby number 2 all OK (after emergency C Section) and now back home with Dad and Miss 2 year old... and I am back in Perth, totally shattered and with 3 days to do what I had planned to do over 2 and a bit weeks.....

Just having yet another restorative coffee and checking PP before I head out to pick up some more shopping........ thinking longingly of that glass of vino to be quaffed with dinner tonight!!

What a great friend you are. Sod the Crimbo prep, you have done a most generous thing and that will warm your heart. So what if the floor still needs mopping and the mince pies are missing. (Actually, I think I'm thinking about myself. Still need to hoover and mop the floor tomorrow, wrap presents and make the mince pies. However, have started modifying the mince meat tonight by adding pecans, port and Jack Daniels to the basic jar mix, also, pastry made and waiting in the fridge. Can't be asked to complete it as having a few pre-Christmas drinks in the garden with hubby. Got to get your priorities right!).

What a great friend you are. Sod the Crimbo prep, you have done a most generous thing and that will warm your heart. So what if the floor still needs mopping and the mince pies are missing. (Actually, I think I'm thinking about myself. Still need to hoover and mop the floor tomorrow, wrap presents and make the mince pies. However, have started modifying the mince meat tonight by adding pecans, port and Jack Daniels to the basic jar mix, also, pastry made and waiting in the fridge. Can't be asked to complete it as having a few pre-Christmas drinks in the garden with hubby. Got to get your priorities right!).

Thanks Sully you are so lovely to say that..... we are all ready tonight... son is home from Queensland for a few days... daughter and SIL helped do everything needed... menu is trimmed down from that planned, but all is ready... daughter even laid the dinner table for tomorrow already! Having a glass of vino and heading for head soon..... Have a wonderful first West Australian Christmas.... catch up with you and your gorgeous boys in the New Year... Rolo is all ready for another play session. x Rossy

Sounds like you will be having some fun, well there are only 3 of us for a traditional English Christmas Dinner, then a buffet at night with my eldest son and girlfriend, then we will go down to the beach to watch the sunset and play beach cricket. I have started preparing the food tonight.

We will have a visit from a few neighbours in the morning swap presents.

I am sure you will enjoy your day. Love the hat.

Merry Christmas.........

Sounds like you will be having some fun, well there are only 3 of us for a traditional English Christmas Dinner, then a buffet at night with my eldest son and girlfriend, then we will go down to the beach to watch the sunset and play beach cricket. I have started preparing the food tonight.

We will have a visit from a few neighbours in the morning swap presents.

I am sure you will enjoy your day. Love the hat.

Merry Christmas.........

Awesome!!!!

Have a truly magical day.

A very Merry Christmas to you xxx

Guest Guest6235

We've just had our last tea time meal with my parents and apart from feeling unwell, I actually feel really mixed up in the head, although I'm still looking forward to our move. It's just so strange that it's our last night in their house, the 6 1/2 weeks here have gone so fast. We'll be up in the morning then setting off around lunchtime. I've already said to my parents that if I don't show it when we leave then it will hit me on the plane or when I'm alone with my thoughts at some point in the future. I am like that when a family member passes away, I don't get all tearful straightaway as it never registers until later. Anyway enough rambling from me, I hope you all had (having) a good Christmas and I maybe passing some of you soon in the street or at the beach.

We've just had our last tea time meal with my parents and apart from feeling unwell, I actually feel really mixed up in the head, although I'm still looking forward to our move. It's just so strange that it's our last night in their house, the 6 1/2 weeks here have gone so fast. We'll be up in the morning then setting off around lunchtime. I've already said to my parents that if I don't show it when we leave then it will hit me on the plane or when I'm alone with my thoughts at some point in the future. I am like that when a family member passes away, I don't get all tearful straightaway as it never registers until later. Anyway enough rambling from me, I hope you all had (having) a good Christmas and I maybe passing some of you soon in the street or at the beach.

Oh we know how you feel. It's a very strange, emotional, mixed up time. Enjoy it if you can, life is an adventure and you are just starting on your journey. Once you get this hard few days saying goodbyes and the long journey over you will begin to feel like yourself again

Best of luck to you mate......see you on the other side...........of the World :)