what are you doing at this moment

odies

Guest Guest6235

Just been to my daughter's baby buddy friends first birthday party. The Dad was telling me that Perth and down at Margaret river was his favourite place when he and his wife toured oz 10 years ago. Another babies Mum who we also know was telling us they took their son to CBeebies world within Alton Towers last week and they had to pay £46 per adult plus £6 parking. Yes things are cheap in England!!!!

I'm exhausted too.

Spent the day taking most of the contents of our garage and putting it out on the verge for collection.

Packed for our holidays, cleaned the house and then sat in the Esplanade hotel for a couple of pints. Stupidly busy two days ahead and by this time Saturday we'll be eating dinner in a cave in Halong Bay. Trip of a lifetime ahead :smile:

Just been to my daughter's baby buddy friends first birthday party. The Dad was telling me that Perth and down at Margaret river was his favourite place when he and his wife toured oz 10 years ago. Another babies Mum who we also know was telling us they took their son to CBeebies world within Alton Towers last week and they had to pay £46 per adult plus £6 parking. Yes things are cheap in England!!!!

My business partner just got back from a trip to the UK. He couldn't believe how expensive it was and was pleased to return for a $5 coffee. One place in London charged him GBP6 for a large latte

I'm exhausted too.

Spent the day taking most of the contents of our garage and putting it out on the verge for collection.

Packed for our holidays, cleaned the house and then sat in the Esplanade hotel for a couple of pints. Stupidly busy two days ahead and by this time Saturday we'll be eating dinner in a cave in Halong Bay. Trip of a lifetime ahead :smile:

ooohhhhh exciting ..... Hopefully you will have some tales when your back :cute:

Guest Guest6235
My business partner just got back from a trip to the UK. He couldn't believe how expensive it was and was pleased to return for a $5 coffee. One place in London charged him GBP6 for a large latte

I know, people who have maybe not been back for while don't realise that the cost of living has shot up and not everybody is on a mega wage. My Mums friends in Rockingham keep telling us how pricey it is in Perth which we accept, but so is England now.....plenty of food banks getting utilised etc.

I know, people who have maybe not been back for while don't realise that the cost of living has shot up and not everybody is on a mega wage. My Mums friends in Rockingham keep telling us how pricey it is in Perth which we accept, but so is England now.....plenty of food banks getting utilised etc.

Food's gone up in price everywhere! I find it cheaper here especially if you shop carefully at farmers markets and when there are specials on at Woolies and Coles. Meat is a lot cheaper here. I've just bought 1.6kg of lamb for $25 :smile:

Off to the Disney shop to buy some Prezzies for my two little girls. Another grey day in England, whilst Perth sits in the sunshine.

will have a tour round later on public transport and see how much my home has changed in one year.

could murder a chai latte and a cookie!

hope tomorrow goes as well as it could possibly go and you have a safe flight home. enjoy the Disney store xx

Off to the Disney shop to buy some Prezzies for my two little girls. Another grey day in England, whilst Perth sits in the sunshine.

will have a tour round later on public transport and see how much my home has changed in one year.

Nice one Matey......enjoy being home from home

Guest Guest6235

Has coming back to England helped you decide whether or not you would want to move back?

Has coming back to England helped you decide whether or not you would want to move back?

its a tough one. I miss all my mates loads, and it was great to see them again, but everyone seems unhappy about something. They all think i should stay in oz, but I'm not sure the in-laws will think that when i see them tonight!

went for a drive round today, lots of closed down shops, and New Tesco superstores everywhere! People were moaning about how expensive things have got, which made me smile! Petrol is cheaper than when we left. But again it was grey and overcast which doesn't help lift the mood!

I had mine on last night for an hour woke up so cold :wideeyed:

Im refusing to turn it on until October .. Must admit I'm sat here with my dressing gown on lol .. It's is getting a lot colder now ...

Losing all all motivation to get any work done .. I've done some bits and pieces ... Like made a cv and a bit of revision ... Didn't hardly make a dint in the amount I still have left to do ...

Now to decide what to have for tea .... Any one having anything nice ?