what are you doing at this moment

odies

I wished ii could answer that, with a simple yes or no! As it stands if we return to uk, I'm not sure it will be to the place we left.

might just relax and enjoy the ride for a while. True friends and family will respect our decision and understand that we made them for the good of ourselves and our girls.

I've been interested in your trip back @Plimthing. It's interesting to hear how you feel about the UK particularly as you were having your doubts about. Oz. Perhaps enjoy the Spring Summer and Autumn first before making any decisions :wink:

We've had three sets of friends return for a visit in the last 6 months. Two of them were wobbling and considering the move permanently, one of those had been here 6 years.

All felt the visit cemented where they wanted to be, one returned and is now making plans to move to Brisbane.

The one who was the most enthusiastic to move back hated their time there and has vowed only to travel in the Southern Hemisphere from now on, it's just too expensive to go back to such a dreary place.

Mrs p is is taking the kids back to see the grandparents for Christmas, I'll be spending my share of the trip on a motorbike. :)

where about are you in the UK Plimthing ? its just the weather here in Stoke is great esp. for Sept. sat outside drinking my Tea, I have not put the heating on yet , to warm for that . I am wearing Jeans and t shirt and had a lovely day out yesterday.

I know it is not the same sky as Oz , we get clouds, he he. Enjoy the shops , hope you got what you needed in Disney. Funny though how a trip back can cement your thoughts of where you want to be, plus it must be an upsetting visit.

Starting to panic about getting our house rented out. 8 viewings and no takers and lack of feedback from agents. I sent a long email to the agents as I was present a most of the viewings and the agents basically let the prospective tenants wander around the house without "selling" the house - no mention of storage, integral garage, white goods which remain, water softener, house alarm etc.

It is we think a great 3 double bedroom house in an excellent school zone close to the M4/A404/A4 and 5 minutes from Maidenhead Train Station and now starting to panic...

We had a second agents come today and he said the rent the 1st agent has it on the market for is too high and will put many off - which is what we said at the start but they insisted on a "start high and come down attitude" - aaargh!! I need it rented by 1 November - rant over.:arghh:

Starting to panic about getting our house rented out. 8 viewings and no takers and lack of feedback from agents. I sent a long email to the agents as I was present a most of the viewings and the agents basically let the prospective tenants wander around the house without "selling" the house - no mention of storage, integral garage, white goods which remain, water softener, house alarm etc.

It is we think a great 3 double bedroom house in an excellent school zone close to the M4/A404/A4 and 5 minutes from Maidenhead Train Station and now starting to panic...

We had a second agents come today and he said the rent the 1st agent has it on the market for is too high and will put many off - which is what we said at the start but they insisted on a "start high and come down attitude" - aaargh!! I need it rented by 1 November - rant over.:arghh:

where do you live? I used to work in maidenhead. Maybe it is best if you are not there if the agent is, so you can get honest feedback. Alternatively, you do the chat and just get the agents to chase feedback. Price it realistically. Don't suppose the first agents were Romans, by any chance? A common tactic to get you on their books.

Well the house sounds awesome....so I think it is only a matter of time before you are inundated with offers.

Good luck Saffan

Lying in bed wide awake again ! Flight leaves at 2.40 in afternoon so hopefully can catch up on some sleep then. Cant wait to see my girls again!

whoever asked where i was, I'm in the black country! The grey burnt off around 10 so was very nice day in the end. My ' reason for being here' went really well. Later on in the afternoon, i was with my friend and we overheard an elderly lady saying to her friends ' that's Andrews best friend, he flew all the way from America !'

priceless!

now in going to pack case ready for trip on big silver bird..

Am exhausted with a glass of SSB.... spent the day at Carson St School in Vic Park... http://carsonst.wa.edu.au/ a school for profoundly disabled children. Today was the 10th anniversary of Conductive Education at the school and I was there for all the speeches, but more importantly there to help out on a ground level with all the fun things for the kids to help celebrate such a momentous occasion, and to work with the amazing parents with the sausage sizzle that was provided for everyone.

This school is the only school in Western Australia that has Conductive Education http://conductiveedwa.com.au/ Just have a look at what this is about. I am on the School Board and P and C at this school and while I was employed by the Dept of Education in WA I was instrumental in recruiting all the Teacher Conductors from UK and Europe that run this program. Today we celebrated a 10 year anniversary of CE in WA..... So many children have been helped by CE... but still it is not recognised in most of Australia as a worth while program. I am passionate about getting this out to the wider community as it is a holistic approach for children with mental and physical disabilities.

Please spread the word Perth Pom friends.... we need all the exposure we can get!!!!

We had some top people from the Ed Dept and local MP's come along today, but we had invited the media to attend as well... but apart from one brilliant photographer, no-one turned up... sorry to hijack this thread, but this is a cause so close to my heart and I want it to be "out there"!

Rossy

Edited by Rossmoyne

Just did a drop off of toys and girls clothing at one of the local charity shops. Lovely ladies on duty there gave me a card and said I can call and they will come and collect anything else I have.

Now I just have to try and hide the toy piano, scooters, trikes and other bags of toys and clothes from the girls until I can arrange a collection. I was going to bring them with and do a garage sale in Perth but that was in a moment of madness - much easier to send to a charity shop!