Emigrating in April / May 2014

Akasully2

Hi all, me, my wife and our 5 year old boy are arriving in Perth on 1st of May. 

Welcome to Obriendevilliers too! Tell us a little about yourselves, if you are happy to share.

Wow, we are mounting up, aren't we? I never thought we would have this many sign up when I started the thread! Makes me feel part of a great big exodus.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, can't believe it's nearly April already! Not long and we'll all be out there. We fly out 7 weeks today. Had a busy few weeks, house is almost emptied of all our junk, just got a car boot to do next week and that's it. Handed in my notice at work so everyone knows now which is a relief. Family are not making things easy to be honest as they seem to be in denial about the whole move and won't talk about it at all, which I'm finding really hard to deal with. Just trying not to think about it, we will be there before we know it and all this stress will be gone.

How is everyone else getting on? Excited? Nervous? Stressed out ha? It will all be worth if in the end - or so I'm told :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, we are already mid April so many of you have already made it to Perth and for the rest of us the move is now imminent!

We would love to hear from those who have just arrived in April! :wink:

Oh and we are a family of 5 (me, hubby, 3 little ones 7,7,9) moving SOR Rockingham area mid May :biggrin:

Lou :biggrin:

Edited by Lou8670

Exciting times for many of our members.

For those arriving this month here are a couple of things to do for a day out:

http://visitperthcity.com/event/taste-perth-0

http://visitperthcity.com/event/chocolate-walking-tour

For a great fun day out with the family have a trip to your local WAFL Club - the lower league of Australian Rules Football. The kids will love that at half time they can go on the pitch and kick a ball with the coaching staff

• Like 1

Hi All

Been in Mandurah nearly a week now, OMG what a beautiful place it is absolutely stunning. We have been looking around housing developments so far and going to the beach everyday(off course). Been looking online for work but not sent my Resume in anywhere yet as most of the jobs in my trade (Chef) are start straight away and i want to spent a couple of weeks chilling with my darling wife first.

Went to Bunbury for the day very nice but quieter than Mandurah and a bit to far out for me.

Hi All

Been in Mandurah nearly a week now, OMG what a beautiful place it is absolutely stunning. We have been looking around housing developments so far and going to the beach everyday(off course). Been looking online for work but not sent my Resume in anywhere yet as most of the jobs in my trade (Chef) are start straight away and i want to spent a couple of weeks chilling with my darling wife first.

Went to Bunbury for the day very nice but quieter than Mandurah and a bit to far out for me.

Mandurah is lovely! Enjoy the time you have with your wife :cute:

Lou :biggrin:

Hi All

Glad you are enjoying it GT. It is a stunning place. Here are a couple of little gems a lot of people dont see.

Head away from the city down Pinjarra road and go to Pinjarra. The heritage centre is well worth a visit and so is Fairbridge. Some lovelly walks in the area.

Coming back from Pinjarra there is a great winery that does a nice lunch

A bit further down is the miniture village and chocolate factory - some very yummy food.

Head south down the old coast road and just before the Dawesville bridge is a restaurant on the right overlooking the Cut. You can sit and have a meal while watching the dolphins in the cut.

On the Peel side on the north side of the cut is the marina and they have a nice little restaurant overlooking the marina.

Drive over the dawesville bridge and keep going. Past the Florida suburb and turn in at the sign for nursery. Go just before sun set and drive slow. The reason being the area is covered in kangeroos. There is a little park with usually about 20 but also in peoples gardens and things.

We have arrived!

Landed at 10 to midnight on Good Friday and it was warmer when we walked out of the airport at 1am than it was at Heathrow when we left. My family here were all there to meet us with balloons and banners, including my niece and nephew who should have already been in bed for hours, so a really nice surprise! Had a bit of a sleep-in yesterday, went to the park in the afternoon, then spent our first evening down at the foreshore in Mandurah having fish and chips and watching the opening of the stretch festival. What a brilliant way to start our new life!

The Easter bilby visited in the night to drop off some Easter eggs for the kids, I think we'll go down to the beach pretty soon, and we're having a BBQ tonight with the family to celebrate our arrival. Loving life right now!

After a hectic last few weeks we are all looking forward to relaxing for a little while here before getting on with all of the routine things that need doing, once we have sorted out our neighbours back in England that is, to make sure that they replace the two bushes that they cut down in our front garden the day after we left :ssign1:

We have arrived!

Landed at 10 to midnight on Good Friday and it was warmer when we walked out of the airport at 1am than it was at Heathrow when we left. My family here were all there to meet us with balloons and banners, including my niece and nephew who should have already been in bed for hours, so a really nice surprise! Had a bit of a sleep-in yesterday, went to the park in the afternoon, then spent our first evening down at the foreshore in Mandurah having fish and chips and watching the opening of the stretch festival. What a brilliant way to start our new life!

The Easter bilby visited in the night to drop off some Easter eggs for the kids, I think we'll go down to the beach pretty soon, and we're having a BBQ tonight with the family to celebrate our arrival. Loving life right now!

After a hectic last few weeks we are all looking forward to relaxing for a little while here before getting on with all of the routine things that need doing, once we have sorted out our neighbours back in England that is, to make sure that they replace the two bushes that they cut down in our front garden the day after we left :ssign1:

Congrats HLVM! Sooo looking forward to your updates! Sounds like those naughty neighbours of yours waited for the moment to cut down those bushes!!!

Hi All,

we are arriving in Perth this Thursday 24th April, very excited!!! Going to be staying in Port Kennedy initially then maybe moving elsewhere after our furniture arrives. Myself and hubby are early 30's with a three year old little girl and our dog who will be joining us shortly after his stint in quarantine! Would be great to meet up with you all when yous arrive :0)

Hi All,

we are arriving in Perth this Thursday 24th April, very excited!!! Going to be staying in Port Kennedy initially then maybe moving elsewhere after our furniture arrives. Myself and hubby are early 30's with a three year old little girl and our dog who will be joining us shortly after his stint in quarantine! Would be great to meet up with you all when yous arrive :0)

Welcome to the thread Kell. Where is Port Kennedy? Happy times ahead.

Yay! glad you had a good trip and have arrived safely. Enjoy a well earned break from it all while you settle in, as for your neighbours... life is short so pick your battles! we had issues with our neighbours the week after we left got quite stressed about it, it cost us a small fortune, but in the end we decided it wasnt worth fighting with them about, we came out here for a new start and decided to just leave it in England, they could be miserable and bitter all they wanted, we didnt have to play their game!

We have arrived!

Good luck and happy and safe travels! hope it all goes well.

Hi All,

Welcome to the thread Kell. Where is Port Kennedy? Happy times ahead.

Port Kennedy is close to Rockingham, haven't stated there before we've usually stayed up north when we visit but thought we would try it as it seems more affordable down there but quite far from the city so we will see how it goes! Where is everyone else based/ going to be based?

Hi Kell

Welcome to the forum. PK is a nice place and a good beach, it isnt too far from the city - i am down in Mandurah which is further south again and a number of the regulares on here are as well.

Many people commute from Rockingham to Perth daily on the train - likewise Mandurah.

Exciting times for you now with only days to go.