Emigrating in April / May 2014

Akasully2

We finally have our flights booked for Aug 6th with 3 day's in Singapore beforehand. Absolutely dreading the flight with a 4 and 2 yr old!!!!

It wont be as bad as you imagine it will be! Lots of kids films for them to watch and they usually get goody packs on the flight.

Im hoping so, im sure it will be fun for them. Just hope they et a bit of shut eye.

I've even took their pjs to change into, favourite blanket and cuddly. The lights will usually be dimmed for 5 hours after the evening meal so as soon as they clear the trays get them ready for 'bed' and snuggled down for the night!

I've even took their pjs to change into, favourite blanket and cuddly. The lights will usually be dimmed for 5 hours after the evening meal so as soon as they clear the trays get them ready for 'bed' and snuggled down for the night!

That defo sounds like a plan. Do you happen to know if you can use a car seat? My wife seems to think you can.

Guest Chocolate

Oh forgot to say, me 37, hubby 37 & two boys 9 & 7 it's amazing here by the way we love it, staying in Currambine (NOR) have not ventured too far yet as started work & moved into rental but loving Hilary's, Mullaloo beach & Kings park! Suggestions welcome for family adventures!

Hi everyone, we arrived on the 31st March, can we squeeze into the April/May gang? Would love to meet up when something is organised!

Hi chocolate, I think we can make an exception for you! Welcome on board. Glad to hear you are loving it already. Music to my ears! We have 18 days until we fly.

HLVM, well done on making it over safely. Brilliant that you are loving it already. Must be wonderful having family there to ease you in gently.

I truly take my hat off to all of you that make the journey without family and friends at the other end to help you out! We have had so much help and support from our families on both sides that it has certainly made the process much easier.

Good luck with your travels all of you coming soon!

Hi All

Well after two very long flights we are finally here! ! Slightly jet lagged but veryv excited! Our accommodation is fab we have a pool that i hope we can still use over the next few weeks and can't wait to get out exploring the area! Our dog has also arrived safely in Sydney which is a relief! Good luck to everyone arriving in the next few weeks hope to meet some of yous out here soon x

Welcome to Perth! Glad to hear you made it safe and sound, enjoy chilling out for a couple of days and gradually settling in to your new life! Where abouts are you staying?

Hi All

Well after two very long flights we are finally here! ! Slightly jet lagged but veryv excited! Our accommodation is fab we have a pool that i hope we can still use over the next few weeks and can't wait to get out exploring the area! Our dog has also arrived safely in Sydney which is a relief! Good luck to everyone arriving in the next few weeks hope to meet some of yous out here soon x

Welcome to Perth! Glad to hear you made it safe and sound, enjoy chilling out for a couple of days and gradually settling in to your new life! Where abouts are you staying?

We are staying in port kennedy and so far really liking it. Hubby has a job in the cbd so we will see what his commute is like before we decide if we will stay close to hear permanently

Guest Guest6235
Hi, Hope all goes well for you and you can send it all off in one go ( unlike me!!) Every time I look at our avatar pic it makes me smile :)

Hi Ali,

Just reading what you had to do to register with WA, wow.

My wife has decided to register with them once we get our visa as at first we were going to do it once we got there. Somebody we know in Yanchep registered when he got to Perth and took around a couple of hours. The thing is like you have said it's probably best to do it from England and then if there is something missing that they require then hopefully it will be easier to get.

I truly take my hat off to all of you that make the journey without family and friends at the other end to help you out! We have had so much help and support from our families on both sides that it has certainly made the process much easier.

Good luck with your travels all of you coming soon!

Hi Happy little Vegemite,

We are coming over later this year (returning) and hope to build on our Wannanup block.

How is Mandurah these days? It's 4 years since we left Pleasant Grove.

Hi all.

Just had the news my Partner Permanent Residency Visa will be finalised within the next week or two, so I'll be on the first flight out to join my Aussie wife and our children as soon as I get the final nod which should be before the 21st May. They came over to Perth in December to get things organised so I've been missing them like mad.

Only just registered here, but looks like a great resource for when my wife and in-laws can't answer any questions I've got. Also good to keep in contact with some people from the Old Country. :)

I'll save all my questions for another time/post.

Neil

Guest Guest6235
Hi all.

Just had the news my Partner Permanent Residency Visa will be finalised within the next week or two, so I'll be on the first flight out to join my Aussie wife and our children as soon as I get the final nod which should be before the 21st May. They came over to Perth in December to get things organised so I've been missing them like mad.

Only just registered here, but looks like a great resource for when my wife and in-laws can't answer any questions I've got. Also good to keep in contact with some people from the Old Country. :)

Neil

Congratulations mate. You've done well do be apart that long, I would be missing my wife & daughter like mad. Was there ever a chance you wouldn't get the visa as that would have been disastrous.

Congratulations mate. You've done well do be apart that long, I would be missing my wife & daughter like mad. Was there ever a chance you wouldn't get the visa as that would have been disastrous.

It would of been a major appeal job if that had happened. As we've been married 10 years and living in the UK for all that time together, two kids, etc, etc, etc, they put me on the PR visa track straight away without having to worry about the temporary one first, so we felt confident enough.

Still a BIG relief though.

:)

Hi all.

Neil

Well done and welcome to PP. Looks like you're heading for a lovely part of the country, love the Swan Valley.