Movecube booked.

travelchic

I was rudely awakened at 7.30 this morning by the movecube man. An hour early. But its here. Waiting. My sister and mum are coming round later to help. Had a bit of meltdown in the week as I'd read the width as 1.64m and not 1.164m. But with the help of jonny sitting on boxes while I taped them, we've managed to get it all into the dimensions lol. Phew. Hope ive done it right this time because the cube looks small. Off now ffor coffee. Lots of coffee x x

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought I'd missed something somewhere along the line! are you a teacher too? good luck with the plans :-)

Thanks Bean. No, I'm not as clever as that ! Carpenter/site manager by trade and looking forward to the move and change :) Just waiting for a lovely person to buy our house and we can crack on. How are plans coming on ?

Thanks Bean. No, I'm not as clever as that ! Carpenter/site manager by trade and looking forward to the move and change :) Just waiting for a lovely person to buy our house and we can crack on. How are plans coming on ?

our plans are on hold a little while until we've been to visit in October. My hubby won't consider leaving his job until he has sussed out the market over there. im hoping to persuade him otherwise after our reccie. it's very frustrating as I really want to be there like now!

• 4 weeks later...
Bet you can't wait until October. Bet he'll love it :)

Looking at your time line, I see you are teaching. How long did registration take? I need to get this sorted too. Have you had the police checks done yet? Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...

HI, sorry just spotted your post. My teacher registration took longer than I thought but Ive been teacher 22 years and my degree transcripts......well they didn't keep them then. I feel old!! It should only take a couple of months when you've sent everything off. Make sure its all certified and keep hard copies to send of for the WA teaching board after you get teacher reg passed. Hope that helps :)

Chall,, mine was taken from the house on 4th April and they said 86 days. I tracked it a couple of weeks ago and it was by kuala lumpa. When I checked yesterday it was at fremantle. I don't know if the 86 days includes quarantine time but it's only been 60 days so far. I had a look on the ethiad website but it was 2 stops including Melbourne. Is that the route you're taking. Don't really want to include internal flights if I can help it. I've priced up singapore Which was 1070 for 1 adult and 1 child and I checked emirates which was 1300. Will check them again.

Debs

great, weather warmer and better than expected! still feels a bit like we are on holiday but once we have a more permanant rental and jobs things should settle. where does your friend who you are staying with live?

you only have 9 days to go and you haven't booked yet, mad woman lol!