What's your happy song?

ali

Guest guest9824
So here's some of my favourite happy songs, the story is this:

2008 saw one of my proudest moments (other than my wedding and the birth of my three kids)

After being a "cant run won't run" person for my entire life, my sis in laws caught me at a vulnerable moment on boxing day (vulnerable because I was soaked in gin hehe) and I agreed if I got a place in the ballot I would do the great north run. fairly safe I wrongly assumed as its incredibly hard to get a place.....alas, I did get a place and the training began. It was a hard slog. At times i felt like quitting but after saying to my oh " do you really think I can do it?" to which his response was "erm.... it's a long way" - (which I knew was only his response to give me the determination to complete it! ) I stuck in and completed my first half marathon in 2h20 mins. I was absolutely overjoyed with the accomplishment and Queen "don't stop me now" is my ultimate great north run happy song :-D

other happy songs from my playlist during training were;

Atomic - Blondie

Good Gone Girl ( in fact any songs by ) Mika

Make me smile- Steve Harley

The fear-Lily Allen

So What-Pink

Theme from S-Express

Eye of the tiger- survivor

Chelsea dagger-the fratellis

dont stop believin'-journey

enola gay-OMD[/quote

Bean just out of interest why 'eye of the tiger'? That song is very special to OH and I it was played at Happy Hour every day when we were on holiday and first met! :) it was used by the DJ to signify that Happppyyyyy Hooooourrrrr had started! :)

I loved OMD too...

2008 saw one of my proudest moments (other than my wedding and the birth of my three kids)

After being a "cant run won't run" person for my entire life, my sis in laws caught me at a vulnerable moment on boxing day (vulnerable because I was soaked in gin hehe) and I agreed if I got a place in the ballot I would do the great north run. fairly safe I wrongly assumed as its incredibly hard to get a place.....alas, I did get a place and the training began. It was a hard slog. At times i felt like quitting but after saying to my oh " do you really think I can do it?" to which his response was "erm.... it's a long way" - (which I knew was only his response to give me the determination to complete it! ) I stuck in and completed my first half marathon in 2h20 mins. I was absolutely overjoyed with the accomplishment and Queen "don't stop me now" is my ultimate great north run happy song :-D

Atomic - Blondie

The fear-Lily Allen

So What-Pink

Theme from S-Express

enola gay-OMD[/quote

Bean just out of interest why 'eye of the tiger'? That song is very special to OH and I it was played at Happy Hour every day when we were on holiday and first met! :) it was used by the DJ to signify that Happppyyyyy Hooooourrrrr had started! :)

I loved OMD too...

pea,

its got a great beat to run to, try it next time your jogging (hehe)

J xx

Atomic - Blondie

The fear-Lily Allen

So What-Pink

Theme from S-Express

enola gay-OMD

Way to to go Bean! I'm more a race for life 5k kinda girl. Here's a song on my running play list that I thought you might like:

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Down Under - Men at Work. Mine would be At the River - Groove Armada. Reminds me of my travelling days. In fact all the songs from their album Vertigo take me back to beaches and endless blue skies (mostly in oz). These days I quite like the Hot Dog song at the end of each Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode.

I much prefer the hot lava song from jake and the Neverland pirates :cute:

Guest guest9824
I think this is probably the best thing to happen to music like evah!

my youngest is devo'd at what has been done to her beloved One D and Harry's voice...she's gunning for you mr P. :shocked:

Guest guest9824
Whatever do you mean, that ^ is pure brilliance. It's such an improvement on the original.

:laugh:...I like that Zane sounds like Kermit the Frog....genius! Very funny!

'This Charming Man' by the Smiths. Always be a happy song for me. It reminds me of a time when i was young free and single with my brothers and cousins in a nightclub in the West Midlands. Unfortunatley one of them was tragically taken away from me in a horrific work accident and we, as a group, will never reproduce that fine night out.

Wished you never went to work that day Ben...................

'This Charming Man' by the Smiths. Always be a happy song for me. It reminds me of a time when i was young free and single with my brothers and cousins in a nightclub in the West Midlands. Unfortunatley one of them was tragically taken away from me in a horrific work accident and we, as a group, will never reproduce that fine night out.

so sad :(

Guest guest9824

Sorry to hear that plimthing :(

fairground attraction - perfect

altered images - happy birthday

taylor swift - we are never eva eva getting back together ( reminds be of the wine cruise I went on in perth last year, on the way back they had a girl singing and she got everyone up singing and it was hilarious- well most things are, after the effects of the wine cruise!)

I'd like to compliment the fine taste of the people who said:

crowded house - weather with you

Big IZ - over the rainbow

Men at Work - Down under

goo goo dolls - Iris

pearl jam - alive

You know who you are and you're awesome. And I would add the following:

REM - Imitation of Life

Housemartins - Happy Hour

James - Laid

Edited by NorthumbrianDavid