To get a pool or not???

Nancy

Just looking at rentals as Paul should be heading out next month.... A pool is at the top of the list at the mo as my thinking probably spend more time in the garden rather than the beach because of the dog...I know it's now coming into winter and a pool might not get much use but if we have a year lease will get the summer.. Is it a novelty or should we keep it at the top of the list????

There are plenty of dog beaches around so unless he/she doesn't like the ocean, don't let the dog stop you taking a dip.

We've not felt the need for a pool and probably couldn't afford one but we have plenty of friends with pools so when it gets hot and we want a dip we supply the GT's and we cool off in their pool.

Sometimes rentals with pools the house is not up to much its a compromise nicer house or a pool. Plus rentals with pools are costly. But the choice is yours. We rather go to the beach but we do have a puddle - a blow up pool with a filter on the patio - its down now as the weather has changed.

Thanks for the input portlaunay and elfie he does love the beach but I thought it might be a bit to warm in the summer to take him to the beach.... Actually just been talking about getting a blow up pool just to cool off in... So maybe this is the option for us...

Elfie how is teddy doing today?x

Guest guest9824
Just looking at rentals as Paul should be heading out next month.... A pool is at the top of the list at the mo as my thinking probably spend more time in the garden rather than the beach because of the dog...I know it's now coming into winter and a pool might not get much use but if we have a year lease will get the summer.. Is it a novelty or should we keep it at the top of the list????

Defo at the top of the list for us, budget permitting...wouldn't be without it, we love ours!

Would hate to be without a pool. Even when the weather isn't pool weather, just to be able to sit out and look at it is ace:smile:

or at night when its all light up.

I do love the beach though too, but yes during summer in the daytime it is too hot to take the dogs, needs to be early morning or late evening really.

also sometimes I've had beach days where I've ended up frustrated:mad: because its been hot weather, picture perfect sand and sea, but I've daren't not go in because so many jelly fish:confused:

its teasing at its worst...all you want to do is cool off. So its nice to be able to pack up, head home and just dive in the pool.

cant give figures on how much more a house with a pool costs but my advice would be get one from the start then its always kinda in your budget and not seen as a added expense.

At the end of the day most of us come here for a certain lifestyle, a pool is part of that lifestyle for lots of us.

Guest guest9824
Would hate to be without a pool. Even when the weather isn't pool weather, just to be able to sit out and look at it is ace:smile:

or at night when its all light up.

I do love the beach though too, but yes during summer in the daytime it is too hot to take the dogs, needs to be early morning or late evening really.

also sometimes I've had beach days where I've ended up frustrated:mad: because its been hot weather, picture perfect sand and sea, but I've daren't not go in because so many jelly fish:confused:

its teasing at its worst...all you want to do is cool off. So its nice to be able to pack up, head home and just dive in the pool.

cant give figures on how much more a house with a pool costs but my advice would be get one from the start then its always kinda in your budget and not seen as a added expense.

At the end of the day most of us come here for a certain lifestyle, a pool is part of that lifestyle for lots of us.

i agree Fifi, even if the weather isn't swimming weather (because we have become a bit soft when the water isn't nearly touching 30 degrees) it's lovely to sit by it, feels like you are in a resort, just need a Ketut on hand with refreshments :)

Thanks for the input portlaunay and elfie he does love the beach but I thought it might be a bit to warm in the summer to take him to the beach.... Actually just been talking about getting a blow up pool just to cool off in... So maybe this is the option for us...

Elfie how is teddy doing today?x

Hi Nancy

Shes not doing so good operation wise all is good but we cannot get her to eat so is very weak she is back in with the vet from last night