House Building Queries - Open Thread

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I would give some idea of what the hand over involved.

We had a 3:30 appointment at the Homegroup WA office yesterday.

On arrrival, we were asked if we could do a short survey on how it went. Then, the girl who has been our liaison contact met us and took us through to an office. There, she went through all the documents such as warranties for different things.

Then talked us through the keys - half a dozen identical ones that open the main door and door to the garage. Then a big bag of identical ones that open windows, fly screens and sliding doors.

Then presented us with a thank you

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

House building progress update............ upstairs is almost complete, the plasterers have been very busy building walls, downstairs we have had a visit from the glazier, hopefully next week we will see a chippy and he fits some doors so we get to lockup

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 2 months later...

Not posted for months.... been travelling and doing bucket list stuff but I am now back in Perth and D and SIL's house is almost complete! The builder just has a few last minute things to finish, like clean up some of the mortar that got splattered on the bricks on the side of the house.... take all the stickers off the appliances and shower screens... put up the blinds in the family room..... and it is finished! Although it took almost a year to get from putting their signature on the paperwork to getting the slab down (developer, surveyor and Landgate not talking the same language so title deeds were 7 months late in being granted.... grrrrrr) From slab down to house just about finished has been 6 months minus 4 days. After a walk through with them on Monday, I am impressed with the quality of workmanship and join them in their excitement of this 18 month journey. They bought through the Homestart scheme for first home buyers and the builder was BGC. Now I know that BGC get a bad press often, but the site supervisor told us that all the tradesmen were sub-contractors, so I guess the build is only as good as the quality of work of the subbies and the professionalism of the site supervisor. Looking forward to Empty Nest Syndrome soon!! :laugh:

Great news Rossy! It's a long old process that's for sure. It can certainly feel like a slog.

Sounds like you've had a fab time as well!

I Haven't been on for ages either. House building and a rough old time at work had kept me away. However our roof completed this week and the site supervisor reckons we're 3 weeks away from lockup.

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a long frustrating road but I hoping its nearly over, keys in 5 days.............................and on top of that I have just accepted an offer on my UK house, so its going to be a double celebration............................Yipeeeeeeeee

• 3 months later...