Moving funds

Guest Mackem

Guest Mackem

As a newbie I was going to use my bank to transfer my initial money. Couldn't believe the fees. Saved a fortune with MoneyCorp. well wort looking in to before using your bank.

I had to set up a new PP account in Aus linked to our Westpac account. Then I just pay in to my UK PP account, pay from there to my Aus PP account, then withdraw in to Westpac. Takes about 3 days and my PP account can only go up to $1000 because I have not confirmed my address (as we are not there yet)

Spoke to someone today from TorFx, they got my number from Pickfords. She told me I was best to sign up to as many as I could and then compare them at the time I want to transfer. I'm all for saving money, but is there really that much difference in the rates these companies offer? I know they all beat the banks, but I'm not moving millions (if only?!)

Deb, I'll PM you a screen shot of the PayPal page you need to set up a payment to yourself. It's easy peasy, even I've done it x

We had a few quotes and MoneyCorp was the best when we exchanged some funds. Also, as we had an account with them we received a much better rate at the Gatwick when we needed some cash for Singapore. The Singers rate on the board was 1.8 but that was if you'd pre booked. If you hadn't it was 1.6 but because we had an account with them we received over 2 and no commission or booking fee. That's a big difference!

Guest Mackem

I got a few quotes as well. Moneycorp was the best. When moving my initial funds which was quite a large amount the difference was certainly a nice bonus, especially as co moated to my bank.

Spoke to someone today from TorFx, they got my number from Pickfords. She told me I was best to sign up to as many as I could and then compare them at the time I want to transfer. I'm all for saving money, but is there really that much difference in the rates these companies offer? I know they all beat the banks, but I'm not moving millions (if only?!)

Deb, I'll PM you a screen shot of the PayPal page you need to set up a payment to yourself. It's easy peasy, even I've done it x

I tried TorFX, still found HIFX to be better

We used ukforex to transfer funds to oz account as they had no fees and very good rate 1.79. Also used moneycorp, ordered money online and collected cash at Heathrow, got rate of 1.79 for the amount we were changing.

I think that's who we used to pay for our holiday rental? I can't remember what it was but I know we were happy the rate we got.

I didn't use TorFx as they were linked to another FX company that got up to some dodgey stuff 10 years ago and loads of folk lost shed loads of money. I couldn't give two shiney ****s what TorFx say about it not being them, being linked to it was more than enough for me to stay clear. Google is your friend!

Moneycorp all the way