Ready to move out of mil's

jo and scott

aww thanks rossy, sounds like you are a very caring and thoughtful mum / mil.

my mum is fab, shes my best friend, but she has said that there is no way she would have us all living with her lol ! shes on her own and her home is just big enough for her, so theres no room for us anyway, and i know she likes her own space. my mil has a normal 3 bed house so we do manage it okay, and there is a spare tv room / games room so my girls can watch what they like.

i do get on really well with my mil and couldnt live here if i didnt, but for me, i guess id like to eat together, it sounds really silly but it feels very seperate, she has her food and we have ours. shes not an emotional person either, which i struggle with a bit, i have a few issues going on at the mo with school stuff, but i know there is no point even speaking to her about it cos she just wouldnt be interested.

xx

I so get the eating together... it is something that my family have always done and we continue that now....it is a meal and we sit around the table for as long as it takes to eat.... or for longer as we discuss stuff or watch TV together....My SIL is amazing in the kitchen... he and I share recipes and cooking, so it is something that we love to do. Cooking and eating is what we are doing together... everything else is what we want to do. We are sharing the cleaning, and I am trying to get D and SIL interested in gardening and growing herbs and vegies, but this seems to be a losing thought. We all do our own washing, ironing etc... and we are sharing the general cleaning. I love having them in my house, but we have our own areas... just hoping it all works out as I have some serious travelling to do while they are here and they are in charge of the fluffie family members while I am away!

I so get the eating together... it is something that my family have always done and we continue that now....it is a meal and we sit around the table for as long as it takes to eat.... or for longer as we discuss stuff or watch TV together....My SIL is amazing in the kitchen... he and I share recipes and cooking, so it is something that we love to do. Cooking and eating is what we are doing together... everything else is what we want to do. We are sharing the cleaning, and I am trying to get D and SIL interested in gardening and growing herbs and vegies, but this seems to be a losing thought. We all do our own washing, ironing etc... and we are sharing the general cleaning. I love having them in my house, but we have our own areas... just hoping it all works out as I have some serious travelling to do while they are here and they are in charge of the fluffie family members while I am away!

I would love for us to all eat together, sounds like its working out really well for you and your family :-) since reading these posts about food its made me realise how much im missing cooking and all eating together, so tonight scott the girls and myself all sat at the table and ate together, we have kinda got out of the habit of doing it and scott and myself ended up eating on the sofas, im going to find out about cookery classes when we get to oz too, not sure I could do it here anyway, I don't have much time to spend in the kitchen, more a case of we need to eat, whats quick and simple.

we all share the housework too, but ive come to realise that mil likes to clean at the weekend but that's the time scott and the girls are home so we want to do stuff together, even if im doing other stuff, you can tell shes not happy unless we get the hoover out, so since realising this, I have now started doing housework on a Friday morning when she goes to Tesco, that way im not interrupting what shes watching on tv and shes not checking im doing it right lol !!