Any runners on here?

flatpack

I've just been for run but I'm a real plodder and we're down Rockingham way. I'd love to run with some other ladies and I'd like to start cycling too. I've been sea swimming with Mandurah Masters and they are a lovely crowd but the average age is probably 30 years older than me :wideeyed:

I'm no speed machine but enjoy running and really enjoy racing, smashed my best 10k time tonight to come in at 42 minutes dead and loved every minute of it. Not sure how I'll cope in the Perth heat!

Sorry did you say not a speed machine but can run 10k in 42 min!!!

You underestimate yourself - my average is over an hour so well done you!!

Sorry did you say not a speed machine but can run 10k in 42 min!!!

You underestimate yourself - my average is over an hour so well done you!!

I suppose it depends on who you measure yourself against but I like the saying that: If you run then you are a runner, no matter how fast you run, you're still running!

The winner last night ran in a tad over 30 mins but he does run for GB and he was going for the club record!

I suppose it depends on who you measure yourself against but I like the saying that: If you run then you are a runner, no matter how fast you run, you're still running!

The winner last night ran in a tad over 30 mins but he does run for GB and he was going for the club record!

Hear, hear. I've just done a 6k charity run with my almost 10 year old- took us 44 mins. We ran over the finish line with a lady who who was saying she was struggling as she wasn't a runner and I said the same to her "you're running therefore you are a runner!" I also like the saying that "it may be a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, but its still a mile" :-)

I think I run at the same pace as you Nikki and Lou just wait until we arrive for good- park runs for us :-)

well done Flatpack,

xxxx

Loving the running posts. We are moving out in October and my husband is the main runner in our family. He just completed his 5th marathon last week in Edinburgh and has previously ran Dublin, Sydney and New York. Not sure how he will cope with the climate change as I remember Sydney being very humid the day he ran. I'm new to running but have just started up again since having my two daughters. How have you all found running in the heat? Guess it's cooler temperatures at the moment which helps. Hoping to maybe get into running groups once we are settled.

Hear, hear. I've just done a 6k charity run with my almost 10 year old- took us 44 mins. We ran over the finish line with a lady who who was saying she was struggling as she wasn't a runner and I said the same to her "you're running therefore you are a runner!" I also like the saying that "it may be a 14 minute mile or a 7 minute mile, but its still a mile" :-)

I think I run at the same pace as you Nikki and Lou just wait until we arrive for good- park runs for us :-)

well done Flatpack,

xxxx

Yep I think you do...other than when my app shows me running through lakes and miscalcs my km/min hehe!

I've only been running twice since arriving and unfortunately my hip is hurting again so I'm not sure if I'll have to stop but the weather is perfect at the moment for running and the odd downpour makes it quite exhilarating :smile:

• 1 year later...

I'm a runner and my family and I are moving to the clarkson area, hopefully in a year once visa through. I love doing races and will miss the running scene in the uk the most. Is there a good running scene nor? I googled running clubs and there is one in joondalup that I'll prob join when arrive. (I have prev lived in oz so I know what it's like to run in the heat! Intense at times lol )

I'm no speed machine but enjoy running and really enjoy racing, smashed my best 10k time tonight to come in at 42 minutes dead and loved every minute of it. Not sure how I'll cope in the Perth heat!

My old boss was a marathon runner, and he often ran lunchtimes. The heat never bothered him. I prefer the bike myself. I do run, but I'm pathetic. If you don't like the heat, trick is to go early or late.

Also if you are over 30 Masters Athletics WA have runs every Sunday morning, always in different places so not feasible to go to every one but they do have a few up Joondalup region.

Park run also at Lake Joondalup every Saturday....really well organised and brilliant atmosphere.