AHPRA validation please help !

Devonscot

Hello I am hoping someone can guide me through the process of validation my letter of entitlement to register with AHPRA.

AHPRA have said I can come to Perth to validate my registration . can anyone tell me what this process involves and if I can do this by flying in on a tourist visa ? I want to do this so that I can then apply for a modified ANMAC assessment. Has anyone done this ? I am only planning on coming for a 5 days will this be enough time for what they want ? Any advice will be gratefully received

• 11 months later...

hi

you can go on a tourist visa and just turn up at the local office and show them your documentation. when i did it (2ish years ago) i had to have some documents some need to cert by a justice of the peace in perth and give an address in Australia as a base. i used my family address that i was staying in (a friend just used the hotel he was saying in) it took about 15 mins in total. AHPRA will give you all the information you need and what documentation you will need to take.

rachel

hi

you can go on a tourist visa and just turn up at the local office and show them your documentation. when i did it (2ish years ago) i had to have some documents some need to cert by a justice of the peace in perth and give an address in Australia as a base. i used my family address that i was staying in (a friend just used the hotel he was saying in) it took about 15 mins in total. AHPRA will give you all the information you need and what documentation you will need to take.

rachel

Hi rachel,

spoke to ahphra and they need me to go to office in australia within 12 months to release papers to say im registered. however anmac wont except anything else other than this registration.

So gonna have to carry on with full assessment with anmac and pass that bloody academic ilets!

Did look at having a hols in Oz and pop into aphra - but flights are way to expensive , especially when we plan to be there this time next year .

So yep only way you can do modified assesment is getiing docs certed by aphra in perth ………. bummer .

keep you updated

Lisa x

hi

rachel

Hi rachel,

spoke to ahphra and they need me to go to office in australia within 12 months to release papers to say im registered. however anmac wont except anything else other than this registration.

So gonna have to carry on with full assessment with anmac and pass that bloody academic ilets!

Did look at having a hols in Oz and pop into aphra - but flights are way to expensive , especially when we plan to be there this time next year .

So yep only way you can do modified assesment is getiing docs certed by aphra in perth ………. bummer .

keep you updated

Lisa x

Not sure if this helps - but i was granted registration without going to Oz, they simply requested ID again (certified) which i posted to them and then I got the registration via email...... I initially thought i would need to travel but my some magic - close to my expiry date of the 12 months they done it over email....

Mght be worth checking things out again with someone else.... maybe it depends who you get??? - which isn't good - maybe they haven't 'clicked' that you do not already live in oz?? although with the amount of evidence you would hope so.

Good luck x

@shelz how did you do it ??? what documents did you send ? As aphra told me that they would send email confirming i had registered - but wouldnt be registered until i went ? But then anmac said they would not except this ??? Sooooo confusing , i cannot believe trying to emigrate is this hard ? weird ;o)

@shelz how did you do it ??? what documents did you send ? As aphra told me that they would send email confirming i had registered - but wouldnt be registered until i went ? But then anmac said they would not except this ??? Sooooo confusing , i cannot believe trying to emigrate is this hard ? weird ;o)

I have responded to your PM :-) x