MoveCube Dummies thread!

cutchibear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I used a large Movecube from Nottingham to Perth and have been really pleased with the entire service. It does take a bit longer to reach us than having a full size container to yourself but it was within the 87 days quoted at the beginning so that was fine by me. We must have packed it well because we had no breakages at all and no damp/mould even though we didn't do anything to prevent it. We updated our details with Seven Seas once we'd moved into our rental a couple of months after the cube was collected and had a mobile phone number to give them and it was no problem. If you have any questions I could help with feel free to ask xx

ah thankyou so much ,

i have even been comparing prices at ikea UK - Perth and quite a few bits like sofas's etc are cheaper in perth - So we feel we may buy alot of furniture once out , but just use movecube for home essentials / memorables :o)

Thnaks again

Lisa

Well, I used a large Movecube from Nottingham to Perth and have been really pleased with the entire service. It does take a bit longer to reach us than having a full size container to yourself but it was within the 87 days quoted at the beginning so that was fine by me. We must have packed it well because we had no breakages at all and no damp/mould even though we didn't do anything to prevent it. We updated our details with Seven Seas once we'd moved into our rental a couple of months after the cube was collected and had a mobile phone number to give them and it was no problem. If you have any questions I could help with feel free to ask xx

Yes @Mark Beesley we are taking king size mattress along with bed, kids furniture, chest of drawers, boxes and boxes.....apparently they are quite deceptive!

But @wild rose may be able to tell us more! @wild rose how did you pack your mattress? If you took one.....

And I'm also intrigued by Q of packing clothes....vacuum packs don't seem to be working for me!!

• 1 month later...

Our large move cube left last Friday. I was impressed with their service, I paid for help with loading and the guy was a legend. I would never have packed it so well myself. It was like playing a massive game of Tetris. The large cube cost £890 plus £120 insurance (optional) and £75 to help load it. There will be approx $900 to pay in Oz. Not long to go now. I hope everyone else's plans are coming along.

Where you impressed with how much you got in the cube @DangerousDave ? as when i look at move cube website it always seems i cant get much in ...... unless im taking the wrong massive items !

When it came did you and chap just try and get as much in as poss .... or what i may mean is do you think you get more in than website sugests ?

Our large move cube left last Friday. I was impressed with their service, I paid for help with loading and the guy was a legend. I would never have packed it so well myself. It was like playing a massive game of Tetris. The large cube cost £890 plus £120 insurance (optional) and £75 to help load it. There will be approx $900 to pay in Oz. Not long to go now. I hope everyone else's plans are coming along.

Where you impressed with how much you got in the cube @DangerousDave ? as when i look at move cube website it always seems i cant get much in ...... unless im taking the wrong massive items !

When it came did you and chap just try and get as much in as poss .... or what i may mean is do you think you get more in than website sugests ?

I was very impressed with what we fitted in. The move cube guy said he'd never seen a cube so full. We had a lot of ikea furniture so dismantled all of it. This included sofa, table, kids toy storage, desks etc. Got our king size mattress along the side. We fitted a dismantled cot bed frame and my 3 year olds bed frame plus mattresses in. 16 standard size boxes plus a few 64 litre 'really useful boxes' and a TV in a box stuffed with cushions and pillows. We put all our dismantled furniture into suitcases along with a few clothes suitcases. I got more in than I thought.

I'd sold, skipped and gave away loads of stuff before hand. Our dilemma was we didn't have enough stuff to fit into a container but too much stuff for a large cube. The stuff we didn't get in was going to be left at the in laws but we've now decided to get a small cube to ship the rest along with kids bikes and a buggy we were going to sell. The buggy is worth nearly the same as a small cube.

If I'd gone by the drag and drop thingy on their website I'd have got half the stuff in. Although it does depend how many bulky items you have. I'd definitely recommend getting help with loading if you think it's going to be a tight fit. Squeeze as much as you can in so nothing moves when being loaded onto the container by fork lift.

Edited by DangerousDave

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent to know @DangerousDave you seem to have similar amounts to us.

You must be getting excited now!

Did you take any food items? I wondered about tins...eg. Kids spaghetti shapes etc, and PJ Tips?! Not sure if they are allowed.

What about liquid air freshners?

I finished work last Friday so I'm now sorting stuff out!

We didn't put any food items in. I couldn't be bothered working out what I could and couldn't take. No liquid air fresheners either. You'll be amazed how much stuff you can fit in though. Very excited now, 3 weeks today we will be in the air. Good luck with the rest of your plans. The time will fly by.