MoveCube Dummies thread!

cutchibear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers @DangerousDave think we will avoid then.

Plenty of other stuff to cram into the cube!!

How is your job search going?

Shall look forward to meeting you and your family for a drink soon enough!

Cram as much as you can in! We have got another cube (small) coming on Tuesday. I've got a feeling it's going to be the same fella who helped me with the last one. He'll be sick of me.

No job yet but spoke to a couple of teaching agencies re temp work for shortly after I arrive. Fortunately before I was a teacher I worked for an Aussie company for many years and I have a meeting with an ex colleague so I'm hopeful of gaining some sort of income fairly quickly. Once we are settled I can then maybe look at other options.

We'd love to meet up, get in touch when you arrive and are ready to venture out. Just spotted from a previous post you have got a job sorted. Congratulations, a big relief!

Thanks @DangerousDave really made up as a dream job to come over to. Just waiting on contracts etc. Will be a shock to the system going full time after being 3 days since maternity! leave. And start work the Monday after arriving...not much time to get sorted but I am sure it will all come together :)

Definitely will be in touch - but no doubt will follow your progress on here over the coming weeks!

Our large move cube left last Friday. I was impressed with their service, I paid for help with loading and the guy was a legend. I would never have packed it so well myself. It was like playing a massive game of Tetris. The large cube cost £890 plus £120 insurance (optional) and £75 to help load it. There will be approx $900 to pay in Oz. Not long to go now. I hope everyone else's plans are coming along.

Just another question @DangerousDave regarding your move cube - did you buy any of the other extras from them like bubble wrap etc ?

We are planning to substantially de-clutter, how much is a small cube as well? I'd like to keep my bike would that fit in a small cube?

I'd be interested in that answer. we are now wondering if we ditch our sofa, we may be able to go with a move cube as apposed to a container... but i think we may need a large one, followed by a smaller one. but yes a bike to go in somewhere too!

Just another question @DangerousDave regarding your move cube - did you buy any of the other extras from them like bubble wrap etc ?

Hi @pegg. I bought a tv box and mattress covers from them. You get a free starter pack thrown in with basics like marker pen, tape and Stanley knife. The driver left me some bubble wrap after we had a few things left over from the large cube to wrap up, pictures etc. Small cube went today without a hitch. 2 weeks to go!

Hi @pegg. I bought a tv box and mattress covers from them. You get a free starter pack thrown in with basics like marker pen, tape and Stanley knife. The driver left me some bubble wrap after we had a few things left over from the large cube to wrap up, pictures etc. Small cube went today without a hitch. 2 weeks to go!

Cheers @DangerousDave ........ exciting times

We are planning to substantially de-clutter, how much is a small cube as well? I'd like to keep my bike would that fit in a small cube?

Hi @benj1980. Small cube is £420 plus $528 destination charges in Oz. I got two kids bikes in but dismantled them and put them in a box. I reckon you could get it in. Can you take the wheels off?

Edited by DangerousDave

I'd be interested in that answer. we are now wondering if we ditch our sofa, we may be able to go with a move cube as apposed to a container... but i think we may need a large one, followed by a smaller one. but yes a bike to go in somewhere too!

can you dismantle the sofa? We had same dilemma, a large cube and small cube has worked well.

can you dismantle the sofa? We had same dilemma, a large cube and small cube has worked well.

Hubby thinking it might not work out economical to two two cubes, just stick with the container. We have decided after much reading on here, to take EVERYTHING we own. As we won't have excess funds on the other side and this way, we won't need to buy anything really. So spending a bit more this end on shipping, will hopefully work out cheaper at the other end.

So our MoveCube has been and gone! Eek! Now drinking prosecco to celebrate!

All went fine...dropped off before 8:30am and he came back 2:15pm. Got pretty much everything in...happy to give a list if anyone interested. Didn't get the microwave, rocking horse or little shelf in but we weren't fussed about those.

Trying to add a pic I put on Poms Wanting Perth but as my first pic on here not sure if it will work!

2c2bf3ba952db9d09750812fd53deaaf.jpg

So our MoveCube has been and gone! Eek! Now drinking prosecco to celebrate!

All went fine...dropped off before 8:30am and he came back 2:15pm. Got pretty much everything in...happy to give a list if anyone interested. Didn't get the microwave, rocking horse or little shelf in but we weren't fussed about those.

Trying to add a pic I put on Poms Wanting Perth but as my first pic on here not sure if it will work!

2c2bf3ba952db9d09750812fd53deaaf.jpg

Well done @cutchibear. Great photos, I wish we had done that. Too late now but we didn't put any medicine in the cube so I'm not sure what you had to do there. I got an email today to say my large cube has been shipped to Melbourne and due to arrive on 6th June before going on to Perth. It's 4 weeks today since it left our house.

Cheers @DangerousDave ! We put a couple of packs of ibuprofen and paracetamol in and declared them on the sheet. They ended up being at the back of the container though so I hope they don't want to check them! Our cube, like yours, was crammed and it had to be forced shut. I dread them opening it and everything toppling out!

Great you've been updated...keep us posted on that, will be interesting to see how long it takes!

• 1 month later...

Had our site inspection today for a medium move-cube, all went well but suddenly realised that it's only two weeks until it arrives! I haven't packed a thing yet! Should be ok though the main thing I'm taking is my toolbox and most of the kids books, toys,games etc so gonna have to be careful we have enough stuff to get them through the next couple of months. Looks like you guys nailed it like a game of Tetris. Good effort.

Wow you guys have given me food for thought, was going to use a local shipping company, and they was going to charge 2600 for a cnr sofa dining table table 6 ch, washer/tumble dryer 2 TV a king size bed and my ranger cooker, and 6 boxes. But reading all your posts, and doing a it of retail shopping over there, I have come to the conclusion of saving for the next yr £5 k, it will cover everything I need over there for a house,as the houses are so much different then here, so only going to take boxes of personal stuff ,my cooker as they cost a fortune out there the range ones lol, and the kids bikes . Visas for partner migration goes in next week yipeeee

Wow you guys have given me food for thought, was going to use a local shipping company, and they was going to charge 2600 for a cnr sofa dining table table 6 ch, washer/tumble dryer 2 TV a king size bed and my ranger cooker, and 6 boxes. But reading all your posts, and doing a it of retail shopping over there, I have come to the conclusion of saving for the next yr £5 k, it will cover everything I need over there for a house,as the houses are so much different then here, so only going to take boxes of personal stuff ,my cooker as they cost a fortune out there the range ones lol, and the kids bikes . Visas for partner migration goes in next week yipeeee

Will it be easy to find a property that will accommodate your range cooker?