APHRA / ANMAC - please help

Ashlenelouise

AHPRA are still waiting for my verification letter. I sent the form to perth on 3oct, received 10th October, payment taken 13th October. More documents (verification) requested 15th October. I hope they haven't lost it as NMC sent the letter on the 24th October. My job wants me there January!! But that's impossible! I Hope I don't lose the job now. Hoping to get out there fen/March time if all goes to plan. When are you hoping to get there? X

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just re-requested my verification letter of good standing to be resent by the nmc as it went past September the one they received has now expired. I rang and arranged and paid over the phone to speed the process up and emailed the accreditation letter direct to verifications email however I'm sure they know by now that ahpra want this and are including it, but I emailed to be sure. Ahpra only gave me 21 days to get a new good standing letter to them before they assume I don't want registering any more!! I will ring the NMC in 10 days and ensure it was sent then email case officer. ahpra seem to have problems with their filing system, I have seen many many posts on things having to be sent 2-3 times before they say they've received it!!!

I've just re-requested my verification letter of good standing to be resent by the nmc as it went past September the one they received has now expired. I rang and arranged and paid over the phone to speed the process up and emailed the accreditation letter direct to verifications email however I'm sure they know by now that ahpra want this and are including it, but I emailed to be sure. Ahpra only gave me 21 days to get a new good standing letter to them before they assume I don't want registering any more!! I will ring the NMC in 10 days and ensure it was sent then email case officer. ahpra seem to have problems with their filing system, I have seen many many posts on things having to be sent 2-3 times before they say they've received it!!!

Ahhhhh jhheeezzz I've got all this to come they have taken my money the Nmc, I'm more worried about the letter the Nmc have to send to state I have studied an accredited course, university have sent over there copy, and hopefully the verification has been sent too,

what I don't get is that ahpra want the two templates sent from Nmc and uni to the Sydney office, sooo if you have sent the rest of the documents to a different capital city I guess they need to transfer the letter from Sydney to which ever city you sent them too .. That may take time,

I'm hoping to send documents and application start of December to Sydney office too save all the transferring from different offices xx

I think I read somewhere that because of all the trouble international candidates are all being assessed in one city. I can't remember where I read it though. Perhaps they scan them in and have a central database or something :/

ohhh okay, makes sense really. They should have a specific place for international applicants ... Good luck with the ahpra process keep me updated please so I know what to expect xx

Okay so for anyone that views this page .. PRETTY PLEASE HELLP ME lol,

and for anyone thinking of applying for Ahpra this is what ive gathered so far ...

I am currently gathering supporting documents to send to aphra, ( I have already sent some documents to ANMAC)

1. identity documents - Passport and birth certificate

2.Academic qualifications - Transcript and graduation certificate and emailed a letter template to my university that they need to fill out and forward to ahpra

3.registration history - verification paid for £34 and also initial registration certificate and current active pin document

4. Work history - CV made using ahpra online template - and certificates of clinical skills i.e AIMS IV therapy and Preceptorship programme (bridge programme)

5.English language skills - ielts certificate (scoring 7 or above).

6. a letter template sent to NMC that they need to fill out and forward to ahpra to prove I have studied an accredited course ( via aphra instructions on website)

7. fill out application form

8. pay $520 dollars via application form ..

I have photocopied everything and im planning to get it all certified by a justice of the peace / magistrate by the end of the month.

Now I already had these documents as I have sent them all to ANMAC in july, however I sent over a letter from my employer to ANMAC (with letter headed paper and official stamp and all that jazz) and I am adamant I have seen on the ahpra website that they wanted me to send it also .. but now I cant find the darn page where it said it.. and ive been looking for over 2 hours ..

HAS ANYONE RECENTLY SENT A LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT TO AHPRA OR BEEN REQUESTED TO DO SO? :confused:

don't want to send it all and then send this piece of paper too ?

thanks in advance guys ... close to tearing my hair out lol ..

HI Ashlenelouise,

I notice on point 4: Work history - CV made using ahpra online template - and certificates of clinical skills i.e AIMS IV therapy and Preceptorship programme (bridge programme)

The bridge programme etc, What is that? I keep seeing it come up on this forum?

I am a diploma nurse ( awaiting visa app decision) I know that recent news re APHRA now requiring the degree etc. I have been registered in OZ previously on WH visa back in 99/2000, so I think that part is ok and they will accept me on the diploma, but I think I will get held up on the fact that I have not had any formal education training on Pharmadynamics/pharmakinetic's and drug managment etc ( it's on the APHRA website under criteria 8 of requirements, it states you have to have a certifcate to states you ave had formal training etc etc) I definatley did not cover that on my diploma and have not done much training/education since qualification to be honest ( I did a lot of travelling! regretting that now!LOL)

Also what is the AIMS IV therapy part?

I am worried that when I did a lot of my iv cannulation and stuff, that the paperwork was not very formal back then, it's all scrapy bits of paper etc and not all is fully complete etc.... What do they require???

Any help here, would be fab.

Currently considering a degree, but not keen as want to get out asap and It would take 2 years for me to complete an online top up course, as I have not done any degree modules. But I am wondering if I can do some sort of module to cover the drug/pharmacy aspect that i will be missing, instead of doing a whole degree.

Cheers and goods luck your end

Lauren

Ahhrr!! I'm getting so annoyed guys.... I requested my verification for registration early in oct, the NMC told me they sent it on 24/10 to which AHPRA told me they hadn't received, I contacted the NMC again and they told me that in fact the form was not sent until the 5/11. AHPRA state they have still not received the form and have given me until next thursday to get the form there otherwise they will cancel my application!! The NMC are refusing to send it via email and if they sent another via post it wouldn't be there in time! I could lose my job and visa because of this!! :(((

MrsKelly

I am having the same problem The NMC state they sent mine out on the 24/10 too but AHPRA not received it. It's so annoying how long this process takes!! I contacted the NMC who state they would send another certificate out just incase it has got lost. Not feeling confident!! I am waiting on Ahpra then the hospital can lodge my visa for my job offer. Plus the flights bounce up after 7/12 and stay up till feb 2015. So if we don't go soon it's gonna be twice as expensive.. Loosing hope [emoji15]

HI Ashlenelouise,

I notice on point 4: Work history - CV made using ahpra online template - and certificates of clinical skills i.e AIMS IV therapy and Preceptorship programme (bridge programme)

The bridge programme etc, What is that? I keep seeing it come up on this forum?

I am a diploma nurse ( awaiting visa app decision) I know that recent news re APHRA now requiring the degree etc. I have been registered in OZ previously on WH visa back in 99/2000, so I think that part is ok and they will accept me on the diploma, but I think I will get held up on the fact that I have not had any formal education training on Pharmadynamics/pharmakinetic's and drug managment etc ( it's on the APHRA website under criteria 8 of requirements, it states you have to have a certifcate to states you ave had formal training etc etc) I definatley did not cover that on my diploma and have not done much training/education since qualification to be honest ( I did a lot of travelling! regretting that now!LOL)

Also what is the AIMS IV therapy part?

I am worried that when I did a lot of my iv cannulation and stuff, that the paperwork was not very formal back then, it's all scrapy bits of paper etc and not all is fully complete etc.... What do they require???

Any help here, would be fab.

Currently considering a degree, but not keen as want to get out asap and It would take 2 years for me to complete an online top up course, as I have not done any degree modules. But I am wondering if I can do some sort of module to cover the drug/pharmacy aspect that i will be missing, instead of doing a whole degree.

Cheers and goods luck your end

Lauren

Hey,

i am degree trained, with regards to the questions you asked ... The 'bridge programme' is a supervised 12 month period in which you have guidance from a senior member of staff havingn monthly meetings etc and working on any key areas you struggle on, I comkeywd a 12 month preceptorship with monthly meet ups with a senior band 5 ...

The aims course is ACuTe ILLNESS MANAGEMENT- looking after an acutely unwell patient and spotting the signs and symptoms and how to implement early Intwrvention it was a full day course and I have to update every 3years ... My iv therapy was a certificate I got certified ... And with regards to the pharmacology section I have got my transcript certified ... I haven't sent my forms in yet so I don't know if it's correct ... So don't take my word for it but j have litrally sent everything I have lol to back up my clinical skills xxxxx

I am also losing hope! I contacted the Nmc again to be told that my document was not sent out on the 5/11 but the 14/11!! My case officer is refusing to be sent the document via email and has said adamantly that if the document is not there by next Thursday my application will be cancelled! Don't know what else I can do at this stage but if it is cancelled I will lose probably lose my job offer :(

Don't give up without a fight, kick up a stink! They can extend the deadline. My verification was sent fine and then went out of date because it went past September so they sent a new one and I've been given deadline of 19th. I told them it's been sent on 13th, not received yet but I emailed and told him it was in transit and not to cancel application. Fingers crossed it gets there!!

Have you checked the address they are sending it to?

My problem is getting things certified. I'm on the Isle of Man, no justices of peace and the notaries charge £60 a document!! I could do with sending them another reference detailing my caseloading experience now they say they can take it into account and evidence of pharmacology but they are saying all uk courses meet this criteria so it's difficult to know what to do. What I do know is that I'll never moan about the NMC now I've encountered ahpra!

Ss anyone get a reply when they requested nmc to send the letter (as per ahpra template) stating I studied an accredited course? I emailed a couple of departments at the same time as requesting my verification pack, I revieved my verification pack on the 31/10/14 paid and sent the forms back the next day, however I haven't had an email or any correspondence with regards to that letter ...any ideas which department I should contact? I haven't sent my forms off yet so I cabt email anyone on that side ... Should I just wait u til I have sent the forms xx

Matt&beck I'm not going to give up easily! I am going to ring AHPRA tomorrow and explain things. I have spoken to HR at Fiona Stanley and they said to explain I have been offered a post there and not to let them cancel the application. I'm hoping that it will be there on or just before next Thursday but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Don't wanna miss this opportunity.Ashlene I recieved confirmation that they have sent the accreditation letter to the Sydney office. Email the nmc and ask.

Someone else I know has a job with Fiona stanley which has been delayed for almost 3 months thanks to ahpra. They were also saying they hadnt received stuff when they clearly had so their filing system which it arrives into their office must be rubbish!!

Ashlenelouise - I think NMC know this needs sending and it happens automatically. Not 100% sure though :/

Hi my job is at the Hollywood private clinic. Not found accommodation yet as not sure when we can go! Was hoping to have gone by now but Ahpra takes ages, as you know!! Have you found any where to stay yet? Think we may go in hotel depending on price. When are you planning on flying out ? You staying here for Christmas? The flights double after 7th Dec till January so not sure when we will go x

Hey guys so I finally sent my ahpra application today ... So off it goes ... I Ended up sending it to the Sydney NSW branch as all the stuff from nmc and uni was being sent there .. I know that when I sent my ANMAC application it was taking approx 14 working days to get there so fingers crossed they appear before christmas ... University have sent there bits across and I hope to god nmc have ... I need to concentrate on my ielts now so I can apply for my visa ... Erghhhh just 4 more days until the exam xx