APHRA / ANMAC - please help

Ashlenelouise

it's funny, you guys all did APHRA first, My thought was, that no point until you have a visa. Maybe I am a bit sceptical.

We are still waiting on our visa.....hold up with our case officer being fussy. I am still not convinced we are going to get it issued.

I was hoping to have been in OZ along time ago. Bloody frustrating.

I am getting all my doc's ready to go.... which in it's self is taking time with the two ankle biters to look after, teamed with sickness. It's going slow, as with every aspect of our 2 year process so far!

i think it depends on your situation. We are not going with the intention to emigrate and stay. We are going on a 457 visa (which requires you to be registered with ahpra first) in order to enjoy Oz for a couple of years. If we love it and stay then that's great but equally if we come home that's fine because we know we have given it a go. So we didn't want to spend all that money for PR when that isn't our intention.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, that makes sense Mrs kelly. Never thought about it that way.

I have another APHRA question.

I am just updating my CV, and looking at the standard format they require ( I have two documents on APHRA for this by the way, they differ slightly) It means my CV will be at least 4 pages long!

I have been working for almost 20 years and had a lot of jobs, so that takes up some space. but it's all the detail they require, re your job's contact details, address etc, takes up space.

How much detail do they want on the procedural skills and clinical skills?, Am I to list every little thing?, Bm's, BP's, or just the basic's ECG's, , venepunture, cannulation etc??.

I can't keep it short. It's a bloody good job I have had hardly any training other wise it would be pages long, unless I am doing something wrong.

I guess I miss off the personal skills bit about yourself, that you would perhaps add on for a JOb application etc??

Also, Did you guys, get the NMC and your UNI to send out the verification template letters to APHRA before or after you posted the documents?

Thinking it would be weird if they arrived before the rest of your stuff!

Get the the nmc to send your verification off asap because that was a hold up for me. My uni were very quick to send out my transcript and send the form off but I know some uni' scan take 4-6 weeks especially if you graduated a while ago! Are you degree or diploma trained? X

Get the the nmc to send your verification off asap because that was a hold up for me. My uni were very quick to send out my transcript and send the form off but I know some uni' scan take 4-6 weeks especially if you graduated a while ago! Are you degree or diploma trained? X

Diploma trained. Going to cause me some issues, I have however been registered to work in OZ before, so I am using a slightly different application form. AGEN 40. I believe if you have been registered there before, they will consider your application with diploma. But i think the new criteria section 8 will let me down.

Diploma trained. Going to cause me some issues, I have however been registered to work in OZ before, so I am using a slightly different application form. AGEN 40. I believe if you have been registered there before, they will consider your application with diploma. But i think the new criteria section 8 will let me down.

In that case I would definitely apply to ahpra before applying for your visa as I know a lot of diploma nurses are being denied or having conditions on their registration so before you spend money on a visa it may be best to apply for full registration x