Electrical log book

Alanlisa

Hi you have to complete 1000 hours so if you are working a 9-5 TA job even with weekends you couldn't complete it in a couple of months, you are looking at a minimum of 5 months and that would be working a 50 hour job. You could complete it quicker working in the mines. You only get your license when you have completed are the relevant courses and can only book in the final course when you've completed a certain percentage of logged hours. You've got to bear in mind when the courses run.

my husband got his license after 8 months which I believe Is average.

I read on another post that it could be completed in a week if the company you were working for had another licensed spark who was signing off your work. I thought it was a little unrealistic! [emoji4]

A Licecensed sparky will obviously have to sign off your work but you can still only work 40 or 50 a week. Someone shouldnt be signing for work you havent done.

The restricted electrical licence can be signed off in a week if you have an A grade electrician on staff, easy

if you are completing your log book towards the full licence then if will take months. We have signed off a few restricted log books, last one in about a week. This will give you disconnect/reconnect and replace components on a like for like basis, nothing more

And what does that mean in real terms? U can sign off a restricted log book so they can do particular things without the need for supervision?

It's all very confusing!

Yes exactly that

if you are service /repair or similar trade the restricted licence will allow you to fault find, disconnect from fixed wiring, replace components, reconnect to fixed wiring and test, but nothing more than this, unsupervised

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I am just coming to the end of completing my E profiling (Log book). I'm doing mine in WA. If you can average about 40 to 45 hours a week, it will take you between 8 and 10 months. If you can get more than that a week, then obviously less again. When completed, book in for your capstone final exam. The whole process works out quite expensive and can take not far off 12 months to finally complete everything and eventually receive your full license.

Hope that helps.