Any surfers?

FOL

@pegg Mullaloo North is not too bad. I went there quite a bit, but it's shallow so be careful when falling. At some places the floor can have rocks, so be extra careful there. The ocean floor changes from winter to summer (and back to winter again) as water flushes sand away and brings it back.

Personally I like trigg/Scarborough etc best. I only go to Mullaloo because it's around the corner :) At some days it's not too bad though and the beach is great.

How's your new board going? Entered the water already or a bit wary with all the shark sightings?

Hey @FOL … board - i wish buddy , we have had bill after bill this past month ….. just trying to scrape by ! So unfortunatly the board i wanted is gone …. but there will be plenty more !

Being a family …… well family/kids come before play im afraid.

But will let you know when i get sorted …… Also the S***ks dont seem to bother me now , but i am going to have a refresher lesson i reckon with an instructor - just to see how i feel as ive not surfed for must be 2 years now .

Also spoke to the chap at Alkimos surf shop - decent chap , he also thought a couple of refesher lessons would be a good idea ……… Argh just dont want to go back on a foamy ;o)

Anyhow , will keep ya posted …………. Oo also have yo tried sup boarding ?

@pegg; A shame to hear Paul. Enough boards everywhere, so don't sweat it. I actually improved quite a bit when I went from a foamy to a decent board. Could be mental, I dunno :) I also decreased size from 8ft to 7ft I believe (sjeez, been that long). The guy at Alkimos is indeed a good bloke.

There are surfing classes at Scarborough, Mullaloo and near Mindarie. All three different organisations. I had classes from One surf school (near Mindarie), because we lived at Quinns Rocks back then.

Sup boarding isn't my thing. Have you tried it? SUP's are more expensive though, keep that in mind.

@pegg; A shame to hear Paul. Enough boards everywhere, so don't sweat it. I actually improved quite a bit when I went from a foamy to a decent board. Could be mental, I dunno :) I also decreased size from 8ft to 7ft I believe (sjeez, been that long). The guy at Alkimos is indeed a good bloke.

There are surfing classes at Scarborough, Mullaloo and near Mindarie. All three different organisations. I had classes from One surf school (near Mindarie), because we lived at Quinns Rocks back then.

Sup boarding isn't my thing. Have you tried it? SUP's are more expensive though, keep that in mind.

Never tried sup boarding , however as mullaloo being our local beach i was thinking maybe nice to mooch about there , whislt son is getting into bodyboarding close to shore .

But yes expense is another major thing - board / paddle etc .

Hopefully by the end of this month i will have had a couple of sessions with an instructor - then back on it ………. That feeling sat on the beach watching guys n girls enjoy the suf just makes me wanna get out there :o)

But yup keep you posted ;o)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...