wanted down under

Lisa VCH

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the Perth episode,

Was Nor in butler and alkimos, was pretty interesting, the women is a trained nurse, and the chap is a gas fitter(industrial) a bit of a shock for both of them as he'd struggle to get work and would require roughly 2years training to train as an A/C engineer, and unfortunately the women has only been qualified as a general nurse for a year and would require 3years experience to help her obtain work,

Was Nor in butler and alkimos, was pretty interesting, the women is a trained nurse, and the chap is a gas fitter(industrial) a bit of a shock for both of them as he'd struggle to get work and would require roughly 2years training to train as an A/C engineer, and unfortunately the women has only been qualified as a general nurse for a year and would require 3years experience to help her obtain work,

if you like wanted down under on facebook, you can get the updates on the families straight away ;-)

I wish they would show some of the country areas outside of Perth, like Mandurah, Bunbury, Geraldton and Albany - all thriving areas that are more affordable to settle in while still offering excellent infrastructure and job opportunities. Some of these families live in rural areas so why do they assume they all want to settle in the capital city where everything is so much more expensive? Even a brief overview of options in respect of house prices, weekly shopping, wages, etc would give viewers a more balanced guide to the real possibilities of living Down Under. Given that this is the 9th series, I think it's time they mixed it up a bit.

Takes way more than 2 years to train as an a/c engineer and most places would want a minimum of 5 years experience, I have been doing it 24 years and still find new stuff to learn.

If anyone's interested, new series of wanted down under started this week.

Yesterday was perth and they showed butler, Quinn's rocks, alkimos and Kinross.

Something to keep you going if you're still scraping the ice off your car in the mornings :-)

Glad it's not just me, that watches it like a sado!

I am not keen the programme it'self, but I watch for the snippets of info that you get!

I hate all that turning of the cards and why oh why, do they all worry about the interior of places so much! You are not moving into that property!

Makes me mad, But I can't stop watching! LOL xx

Glad it's not just me, that watches it like a sado!

I am not keen the programme it'self, but I watch for the snippets of info that you get!

I hate all that turning of the cards and why oh why, do they all worry about the interior of places so much! You are not moving into that property!

Makes me mad, But I can't stop watching! LOL xx[/quote

Me too especially when it's the rental there staying in just for the week. I didn't think the couple from today would go to NZ x

I have been watching it from here on the net, the card turning annoys me a bit too, don't know why they need to do it just leave it till the end of the show, I like seeing their reactions to things they see for the first time, we are also NOR so see some of the houses and places that we recognise & pass daily.

I wish they would also look at schools. They sometimes show a nice shiny house in a poor areas where the school are way below the national average and you wouldn't want to send your kid to the local high school. Most folk who emigrate with kids want good schools so they should go and look at one.