It's all starting to happen

Armstrong178

Hi all , we are a family of six from Newcastle hoping to come out as soon as possible , we have sold our business and it's simply the right time to put into action what we have spoken about for years . Myself ( shawn ) is the main applicant as I'm a bricklayer so it's quite a bit pressure knowing it rests on me . I've got my English test on Friday which I thought would have been relatively easy but now after looking into it maybe that's not the case . My wife Emma is even more up for it than I am plus we are both impatient so fingers crossed we fly through the application . We have 4 kids , Chloe (20) Michael (19) Corey (11) and William (1) so hopefully it's all about making a new life for them especially . Hopefully this is the first of many posts as we just wanted to introduce ourselves as we are on this site a lot .

Hi there; what things do u have to do to be a bricklayer there as my other half has done this at college but has not yet got any experience ?

Thanks

I've been told I need to prove my level 3 brickwork qualification certificates , photo evidence of on site work , and a Skype interview with a master builder , so far these are more or less straightforward but everything else is quite overbearing .

my oh only did level 2 which is a worry as i am guessing they would want level 3 ? the cost to do the level 3 was ridiculous so he never did it in the end

Is he the main applicant ? How many points do you currently have ? It may be worth him trying to get site experience but I would have thought he would need level 3 if you need the points , good luck if that's the case

Hi Shawn,

Sounds like you're well in the way. Good luck with the IELTS, Oh the fun, I remember it well!

I see you're kids are of the older variety. Are you going for a 189? You'll have to prove the older kids are still dependent on you, in other words low salaried/full time employed/part time working/still living at home. One to watch for.

Good luck

Gareth

Hi Shawn,

Sounds like you're well in the way. Good luck with the IELTS, Oh the fun, I remember it well!

I see you're kids are of the older variety. Are you going for a 189? You'll have to prove the older kids are still dependent on you, in other words low salaried/full time employed/part time working/still living at home. One to watch for.

Good luck

Gareth

Hi thanks for the advice , the two older kids are coming out a few month after we get there on a one year working visa then if they like it they are going to apply when they are over there

Hi there, we are a family of 4 also from sunny newcastle (not) hoping to make the move aug/sept this year! Good luck with it all, it's all very daunting and exciting at the same time!!

More people leaving Newcastle for perth , where in Newcastle are you from ? How far along are you with the application ?

Hi! Yes it seems the warm weather is enticing the Geordies!! We have submitted our application for a 189 visa. Keep having the fear it will be refused for some reason! Just waiting now! We are in heaton, where abouts in Newcastle are you?

We are living in monkseaton after living in Whitley bay for a number of years , did you have to take an ielts test to get your points up ? What area of perth are you moving to ? Good luck with your application

Ah monkseaton and whitley, I know them both well! Yes I had to do the IELTS, I'm a nurse it's one of the criteria for the skills assessment and registration! Where are you at with the whole process?

We are looking at the mandurah region, do you know which area your looking at yet??

Ah monkseaton and whitley, I know them both well! Yes I had to do the IELTS, I'm a nurse it's one of the criteria for the skills assessment and registration! Where are you at with the whole process?

We are looking at the mandurah region, do you know which area your looking at yet??

We have the majority of our paperwork done and waiting on ielts and skills test , I was confident in my ielts but reading some comments is putting doubts in my head ( it's confusing , it's a money maker etc ) . We are looking north of the river around joondalup but we have never been to oz so we are going in blind , we are taking a month without work to get as much sorted so we can get settled