Leaving in 2 weeks! Anyone else?!

Mrskelly2014

No worries, we haven't visited it before either and it was everything we expected. It lies in your expectations though. I couldn't cope with homesickness, so we returned. But we're heading back in 2 months anyway because we miss Perth and the lifestyle to much :)

Don't worry one little bit. We hadn't set foot is Australia before moving permanently and we're now a week in and LOVING it!

Got mobile phones, Medicare, drivers licences, a long term lovely rental near the CBD, the lot!

It is a bonkers thing to do, but go with it and soak in that amazing Auzzie spirit!

Anything you need just ask [emoji3]

We have the BIG goodbyes this weekend with our youngest son and his family, I have promised not to get upset etc etc so the girls feel normal about it. I have not been to bad with the friends saying goodbye , just putting on weight with all the meals out.

Your mind goes all over the place, my hubby has gone very quiet .

Yep, we all feel it. Heck I was 45, quit a job with 27 years service, walked away from a posh house, sold at a loss (thanks GFC) to live in a bed sit in Wanneroo. On a 457 visa ! That was 2011. today we are building a house with views of the ocean, OK its Alkimos Beach which is up by Broom, I've gone from account manager to exec and Emily, 16, has passed her test, travelled to Tassy trampolining and has spent the day on Yanchep dog beach with me, the current Mrs D and Biff the dog (Biff the rescue dog from Macclesfield)... Its a long road, just make sure you have a mental road map of where you are going...

Yep, we all feel it. Heck I was 45, quit a job with 27 years service, walked away from a posh house, sold at a loss (thanks GFC) to live in a bed sit in Wanneroo. On a 457 visa ! That was 2011. today we are building a house with views of the ocean, OK its Alkimos Beach which is up by Broom, I've gone from account manager to exec and Emily, 16, has passed her test, travelled to Tassy trampolining and has spent the day on Yanchep dog beach with me, the current Mrs D and Biff the dog (Biff the rescue dog from Macclesfield)... Its a long road, just make sure you have a mental road map of where you are going...

Great post. It's true. Always keep reminding yourself why you did this. Keep going, work hard and opportunities will present themselves.

Thanks @duffieldtowers , great positive post has given me a real lift [emoji3]