Nurse time-scale

pegg

Ok , so after finding out that i needed degree to really get things started - i will finally finish and complete degree end on November/December this year.

So, in mean time im going to nail ilets (2 weeks time) and get all paper work sorted to go with degree etc etc - as been told untill i have degree i cannot go much further.

House goes on market next week - so that'll be sorted..............

.............. However my quetsion is to any nurse's out there - how long will the process take until i maybe offered visa ( permanent residency ) from date i submit all paperwork inc degree etc etc ??????????

Our agent has said give it 12 months .... But could it be quicker ? we have the cash so theres no waiting on saving.

Absolutley sooo ready to feel the sand on my feet !!!

So any info would be fab - especially if you got a mega quick visa ;o)

Thanks in advance

Lisa x

Hey, I'm a nurse. I did my degree two years ago, I am 2 years qualified and I started this whole process approx June/July last year.

I did ielts, anmac and ahpra, then applied for my visa ... Must admit I failed my ielts 3x before I got the score I needed for visa. Fingers crossed you don't have to go through that.

I paid for my visa on the 24th of April 2015 and it's taking approx 12 weeks to get granted.

I am currently uploading documents and hoping to book medicals soon. I have about 5 documents to collect and upload. Hoping for a grant middle of July. If it arrived then it would be 12 months since I sat my first ielts exam.

Hope this helps xx

The more recently you qualified the faster it seems to be. I applied to AHPRA in June and I am still waiting. I have a masters in mental health nursing and I am a nurse prescriber. Unfortunately I have twenty years experience as a nurse so I am still waiting to hear

Having said that we have our 189 visa so the nurse reg is the last thing we are waiting on. We are 18 months into the process. Our agents said 18 months to 2 years. I thought they were exaggerating. They weren't

18 months to two years ..... if i have to wait for degree paperwork it'll prob be 2 years for me too ;o)

Still a little anoyed at whole degree thing - as like you i have alot of years experience etc , never mind ........ sure well get there .............. one day !

Hi All,

With starting my degree i wanted to find out how long after finishing my degree do i get my certficate!! Uni have told me that you recieve your results and report on a system called HEAR tool, when thay are on this then you print them off.... i wondered if this is what anybody else has had to do??? and do AHPRA accept this print out??? So confussed.....:ssign16:

Furrybear can I ask about your qualifications as I am an RMN but only diploma trained but I am just finishing my master in health professional education I also have a teaching in higher education certificate. No one seems to know if this will be sufficient for registration with AHPRA???

Hopefully I will know if my qualifications are ok next month. My application goes to panel on 21/05. I will then hear in 3-4 weeks. My wife is a certificate level nurse (has done modules at uni but never completed diploma or degree pathway). She will not be able register without doing a substantial amount of study. She will probably do a one year full time course to become an enrolled nurse. She is currently a band 6 charge nurse in a mental health crisis team.

I have a diploma. I did several degree modules but do not have a degree because they were done over ten years. I now have a masters.

I believe that it is possible for diploma nurses to complete an IRON course (internationally registered overseas nurse) but you need to apply to AHPRA and be referred to do it.

My advice is be patient and professional in your communication with AHPRA. There are lots of angry UK nurses who post comments about their frustrations and I can understand their position, especially as my wife is one of the most capable nurses I know. However in the long run getting angry will not speed things up and you will be the one left feeling stressed, not AHPRA.

In terms of timescale, I started the process around the 27th December (when I had 3 months post qualifying experience). It is now almost 5 months later and I am waiting for a visa grant (37 days into the wait). So I think it is achievable within 6 months but I was super organised and knew the process inside out before I started. I also did IELTS in September once I had a few minutes spare after finishing uni.

• 5 weeks later...