Belated hello

Jack Bauer

I am a bit if a lurker too post a bit on PIO. We are a family of 5 heading out end of sept going NOR too!

Hubby and I both in real estate too! Have you been in touch with anyone about jobs yet? Are you looking at sales or property management. Have you done any courses yet? Be great to know how you get on. A month will fly in best of luck with the move.

Hi Paddymacs.

Have spoken to a few out there as hoping to buy a house pretty quickly so have been keeping a really keen eye on one or 2 houses, they all reckon they are earning bundles but talk is cheap !

Actually thinking of doing both courses and maybe doing PM for a year to find my feet area wise and see how the land lies in the market before going for sales, steadier income in PM for the first year I think, but the big money is in sales (not every agent obviously)

I know I could get started on the courses via distance but think I would rather do them in college when I get there.

I am pretty open though, can turn my hand to recruitment also or general sales jobs so going with an open mind, shouldn't need a mortgage so a little bit of pressure off hopefully with regards to working in something I enjoy. Having said that it seems the economy is turning so I may be begging for a job !

I will keep you up to date with how it goes, keep in touch.

Jack your kids are a perfect age to come over here, my two eldest struggled they were B14 and B12 when we came here, but my daughter was 8 when we got here has thrived and has achieved so much and has made many many friends that to be honest we sometimes find it difficult to fit it all in. Good luck with the move.

I have seen ads for agents though, in the windows of all places, they do say training given.Another line is selling the new builds.

Hope all goes well for you, good luck with your move.

New build sales can pay well. But there is a big catch. I looked into this as a role for myself and even had an offer.

But, it is commission only. Not only that, you don't get the commission until the build goes to slab down. So, you have to work 6-9 months without pay till the commission starts paying.

Given that hat new build approvals have been falling in wa for the last few months it might not be a good time to go into it.

I am a bit if a lurker too post a bit on PIO. We are a family of 5 heading out end of sept going NOR too!

Hubby and I both in real estate too! Have you been in touch with anyone about jobs yet? Are you looking at sales or property management. Have you done any courses yet? Be great to know how you get on. A month will fly in best of luck with the move.

Not heard the word " lurker " for ages !!! love it , And Hi to @Jack Bauer and @Paddymacs

Hi Paddymacs.

Have spoken to a few out there as hoping to buy a house pretty quickly so have been keeping a really keen eye on one or 2 houses, they all reckon they are earning bundles but talk is cheap !

Actually thinking of doing both courses and maybe doing PM for a year to find my feet area wise and see how the land lies in the market before going for sales, steadier income in PM for the first year I think, but the big money is in sales (not every agent obviously)

I know I could get started on the courses via distance but think I would rather do them in college when I get there.

I am pretty open though, can turn my hand to recruitment also or general sales jobs so going with an open mind, shouldn't need a mortgage so a little bit of pressure off hopefully with regards to working in something I enjoy. Having said that it seems the economy is turning so I may be begging for a job !

I will keep you up to date with how it goes, keep in touch.

Hi Jack

Great to hear back from you! We are on the same train as thought as you about starting in PM and getting a regular income first while getting to know areas etc. I am going to stay at home to settle kids for first few months. Hubby is going to do the online course in next few weeks ill do it over there. He is same as you has plenty of sales experience outside property we at both over 40 so alot of experience at this stage in our lives ;-)

It will be great to hear how you get on.

Best of luck with the move its very exciting!