AHPRA - english changes ? ugh?

pegg

Hi all , feeling pretty low as failed ilets test again for the 4th time ! But this time failed reading and the writing - usually i fail only on the reading !!!!

Anyhow just looked at ahpra and from july this year they have revised english test and i qualify to register as a nurse without ilets .

But then i checked anmac and ilets still on there ????

Ive emailed my agent as i feel abit confused over the whole issue - ahpra dont want ilets - yet skills assesment for anmac do ??????????

Just wondered if any of you guys could share some light on matter whilst i wait for info from agent ?

Also i dont want to book another ilets if i do not need it .

Many Thanks in advance

Lisa

X

Further investigation

…. Aphra do not need ilets for registration as i comply with there registration requirements for permanent residency ,As of july this year.

…..Visa requires ilets - but general and score of 6 in each section.

However for permanent residency visa they require skills assesment - hence anmac wanting ilets … score 7!

So just wondering is it only permanent residency visa that requires skills to be assessed to work as a nurse ? ???

This is such a crazy process ? Anyhow i wait to see what info i get from my agent .

and probably get ready to book another ilets …… ARGHHHHH !

If you got a 457 for example it's only temporary PR is the better option.

Spoke to agent, and yep looks like i can now register with aphra as i meet criteria for english standard via my nursing path - degree etc! so good news there !

Also visa only require 6 in ilets - but the annoying matter is for skills assessment anmac want 7 in accademic ! But no worries , will crack on - as feel permanent residency is best visa for us .

lisa

hi

It took me 6 attempts at the IELTS so i know how frustrating it can be but stick with it. I got my AHPRA (with out IELTs)which meant I only need to do the general test (for visas) which is easier and passed so I've had no problem with ANMAC, which was a great relief. it has taken me in total 6 year to get to where i am now, which is all documents ready and expression of interest in awaiting invite (finger cross it will be the next one on thursday).

so keep going you will get there:smile: