Ahpra application

Hi, I am sorry if these questions have been asked before but I have started the application process to AHPRA and it is as stressful as I expected!!! If anyone could help with the following I would be very grateful

1) Proof of identity - In section A I can only use my UK passport but I do not yet have a visa, does this matter?

2) Is there a template for my employer to fill in for statement of service or do they just do there own on letter headed paper?

3) Do you have to send a copy of your CRB (or BDS) to prove you have no convictions or do you just write a statement outlining this?

4) How much CPD do you have to send, I have 13 years worth!!!!!

5) Any advice on where to get documents certified, I had a quote today of £80 per document or £180 per hour and sure they wont be rushing to check them, that with a notary!

6) Finally, how long have people had to wait for the whole process or does this vary considerably.

Sorry for all the questions and I'm sure I will have some more before I'm done

Kind regards

I can't help with your questions but hopefully someone on here will be able to. I know my friends registration took 9 months as it had to go to board because she managed case loads in her work not during her training (she's a midwife). It was a ridiculously long process. Hopefully ours will be more straight forward.

• 6 months later...

Hi @louloubelle. (And anyone who can help!) I'm so confused about the AHPRA forms. Particularly the points you raised. What did you use as proof of identity in section A. my docs with ANMAC have been lodged so just waiting to hear back. I know you can apply for AHPRA at any time but I'm concerned about applying for visa in case AHPRA is not approved. (AHPRA is not guaranteed just because you have ANMAC approval is it?).

Confused.com!!

Hi @louloubelle

My husband has been through the AHPRA application process recently, although I suspect it might be a bit different as he is a GP, but I can tell you what he did and see if that helps.

1. ID - UK passport was fine and he didn't have his visa as he had to get AHPRA approval to get our visa.

2. Didn't have this section to complete but he doubts there is a template as the form seemed very out of date and imprecise so doubt they've gone as far to do a template.

3. No one ever asked for his CRB, he had to get an international criminal history check. Not sure if this is just for Drs. Of note, the form stated he didn't need to send one as he didn't have any convictions however, he was advised to send one by the recruitment agency he found his job through. Note of caution - an international criminal history check only lasts three months and you will have to get another one if it expires before the process is complete (for Dr's anyway).

4. Different for Dr's I think - CPD had to go to the RACGP.

5. My husband used a notary that he found on Google - he called a few and got prices from each. The one he used charged £80 per session (no time limit) for unlimited documents. Advise you to get multiple copies of each document if you can (ie if he's not charging you per document) and keep photocopies/scans of everything you send.

AHPRA took about a month from start to finish but he had to have AMC and FRACGP first before he could even start the AHPRA application.

I don't know of any of this helps but good luck :)

Em

Hi, I am a nurse and been through the AHPRA nightmare too.

I just used passport for id, no to crb - but like emyc468 said you have to get an international criminal history - there should be the link through AHPRA website.

On the website there is a form for your employer to put things in for your reference - just make sure they sign and date it - as mine had to be re sent as she forgot to date it.

Regarding notory certifying documents - look through google for your local notary publics - these i found where cheaper at £7 per document. They are a few arround but just email a few.

Hope this helps

lisa

Edited by pegg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys can anyone help? My names Nicole, I am a nurse in the uk from Ireland. I am moving to Australia in June to be with my partner. I have filled in my Aphra application and I just need a notary to sign copys of documents for me. Can anyone confirm for me which documents I need signed by a notary? so far I have a copy of my passport, age card, transcript and degree certificate. Do I need anything else signed by a notary? like statements of service or proof of address? Also do I need a letter from my university to say I was thought in English as it says that on my transcript anyway? also just wanted to check what do I need to do for CPD?

hope you guys can help me sorry to annoy you lot the stress of this application:wacko:

many thanks

Nicole

Nicole, I had to send proof that I had spent several years being educated in English to avoid taking a language test. If your degree certificate or secondary education certificates demonstrate a range of years you should be fine, otherwise you might require a letter from your uni or secondary school to say what years you were taught in English.