My suburb in colour

Lou8670

Love Scarborough, stayed there in 2013, great times.

I have to say, when we validated our visa, I would not even get out the car when we drove through Scarborough. It looked tatty and nothing like anywhere else in Perth. Then when we moved here our short term stay was in Wembley which we loved, but could not afford long term lets, so we ended up in Scarborough, which I now love. It is central to so much stuff, we can be in Yanchep in 45 mins, Freo in 25 mins, the city in 15 mins (which means cheap taxi fairs home after a night out). We literally live a very short 5 min walk to the beach, bars and cafes (it actually takes longer to cross the West Coast Highway waiting at the traffic lights, than the actual walking park). Scarorough is a great place to people watch and it's always an interesting walk. There is also a fair mix of cultures, my children are friends with lots of different people, Australian, Chinese, Indian. And very luckily for us, the Western Australian Youth strings Orchestra rehearse out of Churchlands Senior High School, which is only 7 mins away from where we live, but children attend from all over Perth.

Hopefully from a parent's point of view, as the children grew up, they are central to lots of things and can walk to the nearest bars and nightlife, so I won't have too far to go to pick them up when needed!!!! It's a great place that fits our needs now.

I have to say, when we validated our visa, I would not even get out the car when we drove through Scarborough. It looked tatty and nothing like anywhere else in Perth. Then when we moved here our short term stay was in Wembley which we loved, but could not afford long term lets, so we ended up in Scarborough, which I now love. It is central to so much stuff, we can be in Yanchep in 45 mins, Freo in 25 mins, the city in 15 mins (which means cheap taxi fairs home after a night out). We literally live a very short 5 min walk to the beach, bars and cafes (it actually takes longer to cross the West Coast Highway waiting at the traffic lights, than the actual walking park). Scarorough is a great place to people watch and it's always an interesting walk. There is also a fair mix of cultures, my children are friends with lots of different people, Australian, Chinese, Indian. And very luckily for us, the Western Australian Youth strings Orchestra rehearse out of Churchlands Senior High School, which is only 7 mins away from where we live, but children attend from all over Perth.

Hopefully from a parent's point of view, as the children grew up, they are central to lots of things and can walk to the nearest bars and nightlife, so I won't have too far to go to pick them up when needed!!!! It's a great place that fits our needs now.

wow scarborough sounds fab !! will have to add it to the visiting book !