Visa granted!

TheMackemSlayer

Boom! Over 4 years of thinking about, deciding on, and planning a move to Oz has finally resulted in a PR visa being granted.

Me and my family now know for sure that we'll be arriving in Perth on Valentines Day next year to begin our new lifes.

It might not be easy, and for sure there will be bumps along the way but boy am I motivated. Get me there NOW!

So happy. Safe to say I'll be celebrating with a few cold ones later.

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me over the last year or two. This forum is full of wonderful people.

Hi @TheMackemSlayer,

My Partner has been here for the past 12 months and we made the trip to join him at the end of June. We have just moved into a rental and are both working so trying to get back into a family routine.

I should really update my Bio! Haha!

KatieLou

Haha! Oh well then. Where are you guys living? We're still largely undecided on suburbs, or even NOR or SOR for that matter.

Haha! Oh well then. Where are you guys living? We're still largely undecided on suburbs, or even NOR or SOR for that matter.

We are living in Piara Waters at the moment. We wanted to be SOR as my OH was already working in Bibra Lake. I managed to get some work in the city so take the Train after dropping my daughter at Nursery.

Are you coming out with jobs already or will you look once you arrive? Where you work will have a factor in where you want to live. If your working NOR you dont really want to be traveling from SOR. The freeway in the morning is choker!

We are living in Piara Waters at the moment. We wanted to be SOR as my OH was already working in Bibra Lake. I managed to get some work in the city so take the Train after dropping my daughter at Nursery.

Are you coming out with jobs already or will you look once you arrive? Where you work will have a factor in where you want to live. If your working NOR you dont really want to be traveling from SOR. The freeway in the morning is choker!

No jobs as of yet but we will be staying with relatives in Burns Beach until we get ourselves sorted.

The guys we are staying with are adamant that we'd be better of staying NOR but I've been on holiday and fell in love with Mandurah when I visited. I also like the look of Secret Harbour and know that's a popular place amongst expats.

Looks as though we're just gonna have to do heaps of research and then get visiting suburbs upon arrival.

Boom! Over 4 years of thinking about, deciding on, and planning a move to Oz has finally resulted in a PR visa being granted.

Me and my family now know for sure that we'll be arriving in Perth on Valentines Day next year to begin our new lifes.

It might not be easy, and for sure there will be bumps along the way but boy am I motivated. Get me there NOW!

Thanks for all the help you guys have given me over the last year or two. This forum is full of wonderful people.

Great news, congratulations!

Got a 4 week holiday rental in butler then going to look somewhere north of Joondalup as we know a couple of people that way. Been looking at alkimos, jindalee, butler and also around banksia grove and carramar. It's hard until you get over and get a proper feel. We rented in butler on our validation trip and liked it but a lot of the other areas weren't built then.

Ah right, I think I've spoken to you before about this.

Glad you like Butler as that is another place we're considering. Not too far from our relatives in Burns Beach and you seem to get a lot more for your buck there.

Alkimos looks a beautiful place but won't be fully developed for a while yet and that concerns me. Plus it's even further out so trips to and from work would probably be a nightmare.

Yeah, I guess we just have to wait and see for ourselves. I've heard a few people talk about Carramar - might give it a look.

Congratulations!!! :jiggy: