Whats been the best flight deal?

rpakey

Keen to know, during peak times, what sort of deals people have managed to get from UK to Perth?

Best I ever got what a return journey, around 20 hours in total each flight for £600 PP, and another time business class for around £1500PP

I may be doing regular trips shortly, so would like an idea so that I can budget in my business plan!

Keen to know, during peak times, what sort of deals people have managed to get from UK to Perth?

Best I ever got what a return journey, around 20 hours in total each flight for £600 PP, and another time business class for around £1500PP

I may be doing regular trips shortly, so would like an idea so that I can budget in my business plan!

We just got Singapore for £544 each

• 4 months later...
We got two adults and two kids (aged 5 and 3 at time of flying) on 13 February for just over £1600.

Flying with Garuda from London. Heard good and bad reviews but most of the bad has come from many years ago. We have relatives in Oz who have assured us they're a spot on airline.

You will have to let us know how you get on with Garuda, they are also coming up over £400 cheaper for our family xx

Aww man ……… would love to go business class, remember last time we headed to Perth and those business class dudes looked so smug ……. grrrr

just in envy of em !

Dont be, it actually isnt worth it! Whilst its good to be able to stretch your legs, I wouldnt pay full price for it now, would rather save the money for the sake of a 24 hour flight and spend it on more long-term things when on holiday

First, never use a travel agent, go on skyscanner and go direct with the airline.

next be on their mailing list and you receive notification of when deals are oon if you are flying a lot then forget saving the odd dollar here and there and stick to one airline. I am now a gold member with Emirates and have been upgraded on almost every flight in the last year (presently working in Africa). Comes with all kinds of other perks too and it has been totally worth it rather than chopping and changing airlines.

You will have to let us know how you get on with Garuda, they are also coming up over £400 cheaper for our family xx

Yeah, will do. I've been reading a lot of reviews lately and their Boeing 777-300ER (advised that this will be our plane by Garuda themselves) is generally considered excellent.

Not long until we go now so I'll provide an update for you once we've arrived.

Yeah, will do. I've been reading a lot of reviews lately and their Boeing 777-300ER (advised that this will be our plane by Garuda themselves) is generally considered excellent.

Not long until we go now so I'll provide an update for you once we've arrived.

Just been on one, and they are cramped widthwise. You notice it with the food tray, no room to put anything. On the a380, you just seem to have much more room. I've heard the 787's are worse.

As for flight costs, it depends when you go. I got £500 on Emirates last Nov. Got a good deal on qatar for Easter. Over £1000 cheaper than Emirates.

an A380 is a tad larger than Boeing 777-300ER. ER stands for extra range, not extra room. They are the same as the ones operated by Emirates out of Perth on the Early morning Flight. The engines are chipped ( to dumb it down a bit ) to be more economical and an extended fuselage gives it a larger Fuel tank, so it can fly further.

787's operated by Jetstar are just like cattle freighters, they pack as many as you can physically ( and legally) get into a spacious body. A lot of the Asian airline 787's ( thai, scoot ) interiors were designed with the ergonomics of Asian people in mind ( they are smaller) so to us westerners they are a little cramped. My guess is air new Zealand interior for the 787 might be a bit more spacious, as kiwis are a little larger than their Asian counterparts.

The customers wish for a cheaper ticket, means airlines will cram more of you into the same plane to provide that cheap ticket. Its economics.

Garuda airlines did try and land one of their aircraft on Horrie Miller Drive at Perth Airport a few years back, instead of runway 21, Perth ATC highlighted the error of their ways and invited the pilots for a chat upon a successful approach to the correct landing strip. But hey we all make mistakes !

Emirates A380 is a nice cabin.....

• 5 months later...
We got two adults and two kids (aged 5 and 3 at time of flying) on 13 February for just over £1600.

Flying with Garuda from London. Heard good and bad reviews but most of the bad has come from many years ago. We have relatives in Oz who have assured us they're a spot on airline.

we are flying to perth with garuda 2nd october 2016 for 549 pounds each with an overnight stay in jakarta in a 4star hotel which i thought was really good value

Well myself and Kids are flying with Malaysia Airlines!! and hubby Singapore... They were both the cheapest carriers on the days we wanted to fly and the shortest stopover...I know alot of people are nervous with flying with Malaysia but they are part of the one alliance group and code share with BA.. I will let you know my experience once we land!!

Well myself and Kids are flying with Malaysia Airlines!! and hubby Singapore... They were both the cheapest carriers on the days we wanted to fly and the shortest stopover...I know alot of people are nervous with flying with Malaysia but they are part of the one alliance group and code share with BA.. I will let you know my experience once we land!!

I have flown the Perth-London route a few times with Malaysian Airlines and I couldn't fault them. I think they just got unlucky two times in a row and I am sure your flight will be fine.