Visa granted this week! Time to book some flights an make the move in January!

AlexONeill

Now that our Visa's have finally been granted i have decided to join Perth Poms. Me and my fiancé, Kelsey will be making the move over in January after we get one last cold Christmas out of the way! Hoping to get our flights booked this week. We have the 189 Visa, I am a Carpenter and Kelsey is a Beauty consultant. We will be moving into family's in High Wycombe for a while until we find our feet with work etc. Looks like Kelsey will be getting a transfer with her employer, so that should take the pressure off a little. Myself on the other hand will be starting fresh, the plan is to settle down, get a new set of tools and wheels and get myself out there, whether i work for a company or sub contract thats all to be discovered.

Looks like their is mixed opinions on work for Carpenters, but what is it generally like out there now? Any advise for getting started and how to approach employers etc?

Looking forward to our new life and getting to know all the Perth Poms out there!

Now that our Visa's have finally been granted i have decided to join Perth Poms. Me and my fiancé, Kelsey will be making the move over in January after we get one last cold Christmas out of the way! Hoping to get our flights booked this week. We have the 189 Visa, I am a Carpenter and Kelsey is a Beauty consultant. We will be moving into family's in High Wycombe for a while until we find our feet with work etc. Looks like Kelsey will be getting a transfer with her employer, so that should take the pressure off a little. Myself on the other hand will be starting fresh, the plan is to settle down, get a new set of tools and wheels and get myself out there, whether i work for a company or sub contract thats all to be discovered.

Looks like their is mixed opinions on work for Carpenters, but what is it generally like out there now? Any advise for getting started and how to approach employers etc?

Looking forward to our new life and getting to know all the Perth Poms out there!

Congrats on getting your visas at long last. We also know that feeling as we only had our visas granted recently as well. My husband is a carpenter and I'm also in the beauty industry and we are making our move to Perth in Jan. We have heard lots of mixed reviews about carpentry but I'm sure there has to be some work out there, there is plenty of jobs being advertised online. Good luck with the packing xx

Im a brickie and can honestly tell you that u have no worries finding work as a chippie...so much work here mate. I find gumtree is the best to search for work.good luck and enjoy. SOR....south of river!! 
good to hear, work sounds good in perth at the moment, will try gumtree when i come over, thanks for the response

Congrats on getting your visas at long last. We also know that feeling as we only had our visas granted recently as well. My husband is a carpenter and I'm also in the beauty industry and we are making our move to Perth in Jan. We have heard lots of mixed reviews about carpentry but I'm sure there has to be some work out there, there is plenty of jobs being advertised online. Good luck with the packing xx
Sounds like our situation is pretty similar! We arrive in Perth on the 15th Jan, getting the final things sorted in the Uk now. looking forward to the move! By the sounds of things work is looking pretty good in Perth if you go looking for it, had a good response on this and poms in perth. looking very positive. good luck to you both.

We also also arriving in Jan (11th) it seems like a popular month. Just wanted to say hi and well done. I'm hopefully not going to work much as we have 2 children. I'm just in the process of registering as an acupuncturist in Aus, fingers crossed. My husband is looking for work, currently he is a gas engineer. Any advice is welcome.

We also also arriving in Jan (11th) it seems like a popular month. Just wanted to say hi and well done. I'm hopefully not going to work much as we have 2 children. I'm just in the process of registering as an acupuncturist in Aus, fingers crossed. My husband is looking for work, currently he is a gas engineer. Any advice is welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your husband will need to partially requalify in Australia. So, initially he will only be able to work as a trade assistant. It might be worth starting a thread to ask about this, or use the search function to find previous threads discussing it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...