IELTS agony

JobyJo

IELTS results came today and I'm gutted. Scored L8, W8, S9, R7. Need 8 in all ? Has anyone had any appeal success or is it just worth doing the whole thing again? Or, has anyone sat the Pearsons test - how does it compare??

Been told we can't move forward with skills assessment until IELTS is complete.

Any advice gratefully received.

Jo.

Sad news but i have been in your position before - it took me 4 attempts to get the results i needed but i finally got there in July. Yes you do need it for skills assessment. What revision have you done? I found youtube - learn with emma - (engvid) very useful. It was my reading that just let me down! So frustrating. Just keep practice, practice, practice… you will get there. The ilets website has practice papers too, i printed them off and kept going over them.

Lisa

IELTS results came today and I'm gutted. Scored L8, W8, S9, R7. Need 8 in all  Has anyone had any appeal success or is it just worth doing the whole thing again? Or, has anyone sat the Pearsons test - how does it compare??

Been told we can't move forward with skills assessment until IELTS is complete.

Any advice gratefully received.

Jo.

Whoah 8 in all … mine was 7 in all academic ….. but again good luck - youll get theres

I did the academic test. Been told by the agent we can go ahead with skills assessment because I needed 7 in all for academic test but will need to do the general IELTS test (and will need all 8's) for visa.

All so confusing. Anyway - at least we can move forward sending everything off for skills assessment!