Christmas 2015

portlaunay

We have the in laws coming to visit. It will be the first time we've taken any time off work since we moved here, which will be lovely. I'm looking forward to showing off our beautiful city and exploring some of the places we haven't managed to get to yet.

I can't believe it's so close.... I haven't even made a Christmas cake yet!

What about you?

We've just booked a couple of epic trips for the new year so it will be a quiet one for us.

I still cook Christmas dinner for around 50 people so for us it will be an early brekkie on South beach then I'll have to get the turkeys on. Christmas day is usually a full day in the kitchen for me but we eat with the community in the evening, laugh a lot and then fall into coma. Boxing day we spend alone, have a bike ride or go for a swim then grill some seafood and drink wine.

We've just booked a couple of epic trips for the new year so it will be a quiet one for us.

I still cook Christmas dinner for around 50 people so for us it will be an early brekkie on South beach then I'll have to get the turkeys on. Christmas day is usually a full day in the kitchen for me but we eat with the community in the evening, laugh a lot and then fall into coma. Boxing day we spend alone, have a bike ride or go for a swim then grill some seafood and drink wine.

Im liking this !!!!!

As we wont be there till May …… we've booked second best i reckon - christmas in Cornwall , so we can have a walk on the beach chrimbo morning …. just not as warm !

Spill the beans on the trips then Porty

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time in a very long time, Christmas will not be at my house as my daughter and her husband have finally moved into their newly built house and they want to host Christmas. My son who lives in Queensland is coming over to join us too. I am ecstatic that I will not be in charge of the kitchen at Christmas, but I will be in charge of the cocktails, the wine, the beer....... and the games..... I haven't told them about that bit yet!!!

We are still awaiting Visa's which we have been led to believe a case office will be granted this month/December, so if all goes to time scales, hoping to be in Perth Jan/Feb time. So this year we have planned trips to Munich Christmas market, a river cruise in Belgium to see in the New year, a couple of visits to see a couple of pantomimes (Oh yes we have!!! ) Hoping that December will fly by to distract from the waiting! However Karen (My better three quarters) has decided to invite some of her work colleagues, and ourfamily to an Australian Day, on 28th December! Hitting Ebay hard for bunting and fancy dress and all things Oz!