Woj

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest6235
How are things Stormy after we exchanged messages? Do you still have an eye on moving back? I think it was your wife that wanted to stay wasn't it? Anyway, happy new year to you whatever you decide.

Love the way you swerve some questions mate....

Guest Guest6235
someone shared it on a FBook page.. could be Perth News or PerthNow whatever it is

Whenever they say 'youths' they normally mean the original owners of the land....PC gone mad again, reminds me of uk!

just found it..Perth Now. Youths on Trials Bikes

It's like when the police make a description on twitter or Facebook about the criminals after the endless burglaries........they half say what they mean but too afraid to mention anything else.

Love the way you swerve some questions mate....

Not swerving. Just been busy.

Yep, still got one eye on moving back. No choice with the work situation here and it's not going to get better any time soon.

Applied for for a couple of jobs back in the UK this week and a good friend is moving back in a couple of months who is in the same career as myself and will be able to help with the job front once back there. He is the last of 12 friends who all moved out about the same time as me. Ten have already gone.

Guest Guest6235

Would you just sell your new house or rent it out? Does your wife still want to stay? Good luck to you, all you seem to read about here is more and more cuts, when I look at news from home it seems to on the up with jobs and house prices on the rise again. Although not good news about all the flooding.

Guest Guest6235

I don't think this lady was going to either Jez, it was the other way round.

I wouldn't either round here, i did it a few times in the early hours at our place back home when taxi drivers always got our address mixed up with one round the corner, it was all sorted.

Careful anybody in Jindalee or any suburb really.7e3a00067aebffc0fb619e972eb014ac.jpg

Ive been a police officer in UK for 16 years, I went to a job just the same as this today in a nice town!! Knock at door just after midnight, woman opens door, group of men rush passed, attacks male occupant with weapons, steal various items, in and out in less than a minute.

Happens everywhere, there are roughly a thousand calls to my policing county a day ranging from RTC's, suicide attempts, dead bodies, crimes in progress IE burglaries, thefts, Robberies, assaults, to missing people, animals on the road etc etc.

I'm sure Australia is no different and probably has similar call volumes per capita, the difference will be distance for officers to travel and how many officers per XXX amount of members of the public compared to UK. I know that in the UK we are bound by heaps of bureaucratic nonsense that last time I spoke with my friend in WAPol wasn't as bad but I'm sure with the influx of UK officers into WAPol hungry to climb the ladder and prove themselves they'll introduce "best practices" they have brought with them further eroding the officers on the street ability to police properly.

Guest Guest6235

I wouldn't compare a town I would compare the suburbs half hour away from a town (nice suburb for a nice suburb). Many people don't feel the need for multiple security services/shutters etc in England. As you say the population is much more there so there will be more but per capita almost equal. Going by my experience I still think the nice suburb from where i lived had much less than any nice suburb here. The point is people say Australia is 16 years behind the UK in levels of crime which I don't think is true.

Ive been a police officer in UK for 16 years, I went to a job just the same as this today in a nice town!! Knock at door just after midnight, woman opens door, group of men rush passed, attacks male occupant with weapons, steal various items, in and out in less than a minute.

Happens everywhere, there are roughly a thousand calls to my policing county a day ranging from RTC's, suicide attempts, dead bodies, crimes in progress IE burglaries, thefts, Robberies, assaults, to missing people, animals on the road etc etc.

I'm sure Australia is no different and probably has similar call volumes per capita, the difference will be distance for officers to travel and how many officers per XXX amount of members of the public compared to UK. I know that in the UK we are bound by heaps of bureaucratic nonsense that last time I spoke with my friend in WAPol wasn't as bad but I'm sure with the influx of UK officers into WAPol hungry to climb the ladder and prove themselves they'll introduce "best practices" they have brought with them further eroding the officers on the street ability to police properly.

You have to be kidding.

I live in Mandurah. Our police are now based in Rockingham. From me to them is about an hour.

Outside of the CBD foot patrols are a complete unknown. I have never seen one in 8 years here.

Traffic cops are purerly there to investigate crashes. I have spent a lot of time going up and down the main freeway (motorway) between the city and the south. I can count on my fingers the amount of time I have seen a cop.

Then, try getting them to come out when needed. So impossible I have told them don't bother anymore coming to my suburb as they are a waste of space.

Even the odd thing they do they make a total pigs ear of. Here, one of the main means of trying to deal with drink driving - something that is endemic - is to put a road block up and park a booze bus. Basically a bus with mobile testing. Now, near where I live, there is one major and very busy pub. Most of the people who go to it, are going to, by nature of the geography, travel from the north. So where do they every time put the bus. Yep, to the south. Laughable.

We we had the takeaway places and petrol stations repeatedly robbed at gun point last year - some were being done weekly. The police promised to increase patrols. In reality this meant an increase from zero to once a month - during the day!!!!

then let's not even start on the endemic corruption they have been found guilty of repeatedly.

Hey guys …. if all these crimes makes you a tad skitish i am ( its me Paul, not wife Lisa ) qualified in self defence / close combat and would be more than happy to share a few tricks to terminate attakers antics .

Also ideal for women as not based on strength …… But however once we land i might be looking into gym work, and looking to set up some personal training sesions .

Anyhow stay safe guys ;o)

You have to be kidding.

I live in Mandurah. Our police are now based in Rockingham. From me to them is about an hour.

Outside of the CBD foot patrols are a complete unknown. I have never seen one in 8 years here.

Traffic cops are purerly there to investigate crashes. I have spent a lot of time going up and down the main freeway (motorway) between the city and the south. I can count on my fingers the amount of time I have seen a cop.

Then, try getting them to come out when needed. So impossible I have told them don't bother anymore coming to my suburb as they are a waste of space.

Even the odd thing they do they make a total pigs ear of. Here, one of the main means of trying to deal with drink driving - something that is endemic - is to put a road block up and park a booze bus. Basically a bus with mobile testing. Now, near where I live, there is one major and very busy pub. Most of the people who go to it, are going to, by nature of the geography, travel from the north. So where do they every time put the bus. Yep, to the south. Laughable.

We we had the takeaway places and petrol stations repeatedly robbed at gun point last year - some were being done weekly. The police promised to increase patrols. In reality this meant an increase from zero to once a month - during the day!!!!

then let's not even start on the endemic corruption they have been found guilty of repeatedly.

What is it that I have to be kidding about? I wasn't saying Perth is better than the UK, in fact, as I said, with distances involved I'd expect low level crime to be more.

It looks to me with the economic down turn that WAPOL are in a similar state to the UK police.

As ive said before, you have to make yourself and your property less attractive to criminals. That wont stop the opportunist pick pockets, street robbers etc. There are some very nasty people out there.

Looks like the new policing model isn't working probably devised by a former UK police officer with good ideas, they'll probably promote him/her on, then reinvent the wheel.

I wont be joining the Police in WA, Ive had enough. A government telling the public its business as usual when it clearly isn't.

And everyone is an armchair detective with very little knowledge of what's done and how it works.