Car rental any recommendations?

Joe

Guest Guest6235

We used no birds car rental (Bayswater depot i think) seemed pretty decent. We took the car back a couple of days early as we managed to buy one and they reimbursed us the two days we didn't use.

Edited by Guest6235

Even a basic runaround is going to cost more to rent than buy for that amount of time.

We're off to NZ for three weeks next week and we're buying a car just for that. Rego includes limited third party insurance but you can get temp cover for around $2.50 a day.

Go with Plimthing and buy his Focus, it'll be the most economical option I'm sure.

Guest Guest6235

We hired with Ace car rentals on both occasions we went to NZ and were very reasonable. The first time we hired from an Auckland office and second time when we just did South island we picked up from Christchurch office. The rental periods were for around 4 weeks and 5 weeks. They beat the bigger companies hands down.

Going to either island and you won't want to come back but definitely won't if you tour the South. [emoji3]

Edited by Guest6235

Even a basic runaround is going to cost more to rent than buy for that amount of time.

We're off to NZ for three weeks next week and we're buying a car just for that. Rego includes limited third party insurance but you can get temp cover for around $2.50 a day.

Go with Plimthing and buy his Focus, it'll be the most economical option I'm sure.

And you wont have to worry about it when some loser opens there car door into the side of it on Woolies car park. It will happen, whether its a ford focus or a Bentley, 100% guaranteed.

Guest Guest6235
And you wont have to worry about it when some loser opens there car door into the side of it on Woolies car park. It will happen, whether its a ford focus or a Bentley, 100% guaranteed.

Coles near us there are several instances I've heard of when people have reversed into other cars and just driven off.

Coles near us there are several instances I've heard of when people have reversed into other cars and just driven off.

Yep just had that happen to me in a multi-story car park in East Perth! The CCTV wasn't working that day apparently! But it was a bright blue vehicle of some description as the blue dents and stripes really stand out on my maroon car!

cI had my car dinted a few times at Sainsburys and Asda, so far not here but I've only been here 5 and a half years plenty of time for it to happen yet I suppose. My OH had his car smacked so hard it went up in the air outside a social club in Bristol, it was on CCTV but the police couldn't do anything as it was a private car park :frown:

cI had my car dinted a few times at Sainsburys and Asda, so far not here but I've only been here 5 and a half years plenty of time for it to happen yet I suppose. My OH had his car smacked so hard it went up in the air outside a social club in Bristol, it was on CCTV but the police couldn't do anything as it was a private car park :frown:

Happens everywhere I guess and part of first world problems! First time it had happened to me here in 24 years of daily suburb to city commuting and parking, so guess the odds were against me this time!

My old car was reversed into in Freo twice. The first time it was someone of senior years who didn't even know they'd done it! Fortunately someone was thoughtful enough to stop them before they left the carpark and they waited until I returned. They were pretty upset and distressed but we sorted it out and I sometimes bump into them at the market and we have a chat.

The second time was on a quiet residential street and my door was pushed in. There was a note on the screen apologising with their phone number. Turned out to be a lovely bloke who paid for the repairs himself and bought me a case of beer for the trouble.

Maybe it's just a Freo thing.

Has anyone got any recommendations on 3-4 month car rental? Has any-one done this when migrating?

When I arrived earlier this year I needed a reliable car for work straightaway. I got a 90 day rental from ACE car rentals who will pick you up from Perth Airport to take to their office. This was booked while I was still in UK. I got an auto Toyota Camry for $40 a day which included full no excess insurance, breakdown cover and unlimited mileage.

As others have said you can get cheap runabouts fairly easily, but I was eventually looking to buy a new vehicle and wanted a bit of time to choose the most suitable vehicle for my needs as I also use it for work and long distance drives.

If you have to sort out rental accommodation, schools etc. on your own as I had to (family arrived later) it is one less thing to worry about for a couple of months.