Healthcare jobs

portlaunay

Oh no , this is all we need ………. been planning on emigrating for so long , Sold ok UK home we built ( which was a heart wrench ) to finance costs to emigrate - we must have spent 8k already ….. and now this news !!!

We were told be our recruitment man that things should settle down arround March , but im doubting this now also he says come out and temp - but also doubing this too !

Ah well what will be will be :wacko:

………… rant over :o)

It's a difficult time the freeze is on until June for all public sector jobs the only exception is police and teaching , (and a teacher friend of mine tells me that's only if you go rural or remote ) agency work is available but as always it's variable and you have to be prepared to be available for any shifts not sure if it's going to improve any time soon but good luck to you all

According to people I work with who are mostly ex Royal Perth, Charlie's or Freo, temporary contracts have always been commonplace here and people can be on temp contracts for years. My boss was on temp contracts for almost 4 years at RPH before she got a permanent position. It's not nice to work like that and it's going to make it harder to recruit and keep the best people. I'm quite nervous about what 2016 holds in store for WA Health staff.

According to people I work with who are mostly ex Royal Perth, Charlie's or Freo, temporary contracts have always been commonplace here and people can be on temp contracts for years. My boss was on temp contracts for almost 4 years at RPH before she got a permanent position. It's not nice to work like that and it's going to make it harder to recruit and keep the best people. I'm quite nervous about what 2016 holds in store for WA Health staff.

More and more of new staff in the NHS seem to be on temp / renewable contracts …. think its the way now . Hope all goes well for everyone !

Do you think wa have gone overboard with spending - or has it been justified ? …. supose what im trying to say is do you feel its valid/ needed to get rid of staff or has money been wasted in other areas ?

But surely, all those royalties and taxes collected during the mining boom meant the government is loaded and has a massive future fund.

Oh, wait, I remember. They spent it all as quick as a drunk teenager armed with their first credit card and have just a big pile of debt to show for it. But, at least we get Elizabeth Q.

Some of it is due to Activity Based Funding - and they've said at FSH and RPH there are too many staff for the level of activity. Let's hope that it's not shop floor clinicians.

I hope not too. I can only compare things to the NHS as I've only ever worked at Fiona Stanley, but the clinical pharmacists here have in some cases only 30-50% of the patients to see each day as a comparable UK hospital. One full time Senior Pharmacist for a long stay rehab ward looks very much like over staffing to me.

• 4 months later...