Im really trying....

mrmrshunter

to be patient! anyone else struggling with the visa grant wait?? over xmas and new year was just a killer! :arghh:

I'm at the same stage as you but only submitted xmas eve or so, the days seem long and I must have checked my emails a million times, even though I cannot expect to hear anything for weeks, possibly months...

Feeling your pain guys.... I know that the time waiting for the visa for us felt like a lifetime..... we did it before the advent of computers and the internet so it was all paper based and through glorious Royal Mail!. Please remember though that Australia seems to close down from Christmas thru to end of January because it is the long school holiday and most businesses/government departments are working with half a workforce.... a bit like France in August really! Keep us all posted though please!

We applied in May 2014, for a 143 Contributory Parent Visa, and we think we are now in the zone! That said we have now been told to start thinking March/April now. We are travelling around Europe filling in the time, visiting places we should have done before now, and wont have a chance to do once/if visa gets approved! Still checking emails daily :-)

We applied in May 2014, for a 143 Contributory Parent Visa, and we think we are now in the zone! That said we have now been told to start thinking March/April now. We are travelling around Europe filling in the time, visiting places we should have done before now, and wont have a chance to do once/if visa gets approved! Still checking emails daily :-)

This is the idea ! We thought about buying a vw camper ( not an old one) …… and tour abit of europe before we head out , still might if nursing jobs maintain to be on lesser side ;o)

What's the average wait time? My working holiday visa is up in 7 months and i'd like to get the ball rolling now in regards to state sponsorship. i've already got a potential contract for 1 year in a rural area - would that speed up the process?

WHV's are usually quick if applying from UK and you are only allowed to work for an employer for 6 months

Does anyone know how long it takes to grant the 309/100 - Spousal Visa from the UK? I'm an Aussie girl married to a British guy and both kids have Australian Citizenship by descent so it's just my hubbie that needs the permanent spousal visa. I was told 10 months.....

• 3 weeks later...