When to sell UK home?

Emily Jamie Page

Hey guys! Hope u r all having a good day?

Just a query regarding when to put house on market back in UK. We have to sell our house to be able to afford to move to oz.

Its such a gamble to when we do it, as it could take ages to sell, it may not take ages (we sold our last house in 2 days and only took 8 wks to complete!) Do we put it on market 6mths into my visa and once visa granted can then complete and move knowing I got my visa. I don't want to sell until visa granted but want to go as soon as it does!

Such dilemmas!

What has anyone else done in same situation? Very grateful for help received

Emxx

Hi Em

We received our PR visa mid November and put our house on the market 4 weeks later and it sold within 1 week. We are lucky that we have sold to a first time buyer so no chain. It may be worth speaking to a couple of estate agents and seeing what the current market is like in your area. Not going to book our flights until house is completed and money is in the bank as like you relying on house sale to fund our move!

Hey guys! Hope u r all having a good day?

Just a query regarding when to put house on market back in UK. We have to sell our house to be able to afford to move to oz.

Its such a gamble to when we do it, as it could take ages to sell, it may not take ages (we sold our last house in 2 days and only took 8 wks to complete!) Do we put it on market 6mths into my visa and once visa granted can then complete and move knowing I got my visa. I don't want to sell until visa granted but want to go as soon as it does!

Such dilemmas!

What has anyone else done in same situation? Very grateful for help received

Emxx

Hi Em,

We put our house on the market as soon as i was offered a job at hospital in Perth ….. however like ive mentioned so many times - job wasnt really there to be offerd !!!!

So we sold home - however did have to pay redemtion on mortgage ( £7k ouch ) …… but at least its gone .

We always wanted to sell before we went out - as our friends couldn't sell theres and had to rent it out whilst living in Oz …. This caused them so many problems ! However after 4 years of trying its now sold and there building a 5 bedroom home …. Fab X

• 2 weeks later...