We are back after a wobble!

SteveJ

Hi Guys,

its been a an a long time since we were last on here but glad to say we're back.

Our jouney started in jan 2014 when we signed up to a migration agent on our quest for a WA state sponsored visa. The next step was to pass the IELTS at level 7 for the skills assessment. This is where we fell down with only a 6.5 on the reading. 2nd attempt and same again not enough on the reading. This is where the wife(main applicant) lost heart and had a wobble. Since then we have been so busy and so much changed such as dropping an age bracket so now needing 8's on the IELTS.

My my wife has now got the 3 years work experience so back to either needing 7's and state sponsorship for 60 points

or

get 8's on IELTS and go for 189 with 65 points.

we are now approaching the whole thing from a different angle.

We are applying for Ahpra registration first ( no need for IELTS)

Then with successful registration ( mixed reports on whether a visit is required as long as ID docs check out) apply for modified ANMAC assessment ( again no IELTS required)

this should allow us time to get the level 8's IELTS required for points but on general tests instead of academic.

My main questions are, once the EOI is lodged for the 189 what sort of timescale are people experiencing for an offer to apply. We are assuming around 6 months for registration, 3 months for skills assessment hoping for EOI to be lodged in around 9 months. ( also giving us 9 months to get superior English from one of the test methods).

Glad to be back and excited once again.

Steve and Sarah

hi guys i do not understand how you can do this without ilets test ? ……. We had the very same nightmare as you guys failed ilets 5 times lost heart completely, But by watching stacks of ilets help vids on youtube we finally cracked it !

But anyhow good luck and hope all goes well :o)

hi guys i do not understand how you can do this without ilets test ? ……. We had the very same nightmare as you guys failed ilets 5 times lost heart completely, But by watching stacks of ilets help vids on youtube we finally cracked it !

But anyhow good luck and hope all goes well :o)

Thank you, we are more determined then ever now.

In answer to the IELTS.

To apply for Ahpra registration IELTS is not required due to primary pathway( meaning uk educated for whole of education inc degree).

With the ahpra registration you can then do the modified ANMAC skills assessment which again does not require IELTS due to having Ahpra registration.

This is means we only need the IELTS or now alternatives for points reasons.

Steve

Hi Steve, I take it your wife is a nurse ? youre definatly correct on aphra and education degree etc - however anmac was needed first for skills assesment and we had to do ilets academic, 7's in all i think.

So it was anmac first( need this for visa also ) …. then aphra …..then visa . Honestly after failing ilets so many times we tried everything !

We were advised on modified anmac - but it was for people who have worked in Austraila , plus you need to go over to show all documents etc ( i think ).

Are you guys using an agent ? Hope some more folk on here can give you bit more advice ….. Like i say - weve been there and after soooo many attempts at ilets , i can honestly say i feel your pain !

Really hope youve got it right and best of luck guys .

Lisa