Where to start ??

luciew1

Please can anyone offer any help, I'm completely lost.

We are a family of four and are keen to emigrate to Western Australia.

I am a nurse with 8 years experience. I am lost on which visa to apply for or where even to start. I know I need to apply for APHRA and ANMAC. Do I apply for these first then the visa ?

Can anyone recommend which visa I would be eligible to apply for ? and any ideas on length of time taken for visa application ?

thanks

Please can anyone offer any help, I'm completely lost.

We are a family of four and are keen to emigrate to Western Australia.

I am a nurse with 8 years experience. I am lost on which visa to apply for or where even to start. I know I need to apply for APHRA and ANMAC. Do I apply for these first then the visa ?

Can anyone recommend which visa I would be eligible to apply for ? and any ideas on length of time taken for visa application ?

thanks

Hi, I have no idea about what visa you should go for, but I would suggest you perhaps contact a MARA registered agent for an initial discussion? They may well point you in the right direction

Hi what area of nursing is your degree in? Yeah firstly look at points, then if you are going for a skilled visa and have enough points you will need to look at the variety of nursing areas that fits your qualification and/ or experience. I say closest as I am general trained many moons ago but have worked in mental health since 1993 and have a MSC in Advanced Nursung (eating disorders) and Anmac classified me as a mental health nurse!! You can't apply for Anmac till you ve got your ielts and yes you ll need to do the academic.

its all doable, I did mine and had a PR visa through a sponsored job all within 6 months, so it's a headache whilst you are in it but all very worthwhile. Have to say I couldn't have done it without the help of this forum, got some great advice so keep posting all your questions.

Hi. We are currently 'in' the process. I'm sure it's achievable to do it on your own but we have an agent which is making things easier. I am also a nurse so here is the process we have Been advised and taken so far...

You will need to do academic IELTS before you apply for ANMAC and need 7's in each.

We were advised ANMAC before AHPRA but I think some people do both at same time.

Having researched, I wouldn't do sponsored job. It's easier I think but if you have children it is more risky and I believe you are not entitled to same benefits i.e Medicare and schools.

We are applying for 189. If you are over 39 - for extra points you will need to do General IELTS and score 7 in each unless you got 8's in each for academic.

Hi. We are currently 'in' the process. I'm sure it's achievable to do it on your own but we have an agent which is making things easier. I am also a nurse so here is the process we have Been advised and taken so far...

You will need to do academic IELTS before you apply for ANMAC and need 7's in each.

We were advised ANMAC before AHPRA but I think some people do both at same time.

Having researched, I wouldn't do sponsored job. It's easier I think but if you have children it is more risky and I believe you are not entitled to same benefits i.e Medicare and schools.

We are applying for 189. If you are over 39 - for extra points you will need to do General IELTS and score 7 in each unless you got 8's in each for academic.

Thats not exactly true it depends on which visa you get sponsored for. If you go for a 457 it's true as it does not give you PR status and rights but a direct entry PR sponsored visa does, that's what I got it's a 186 or you can get a187 if you want regional but this ties you to regional areas of Australia. With the visa we have we have all the rights of a PR. Main issue at the moment for securing healthcare jobs is there is a freeze on all government agency recruitment. So there's no jobs available unless you are already working in a government agency. Freeze is on till end of June.

Personally, I would look to apply for a PR visa, 457 visas are in reality a long work visa and you would be subject to having to pay school fees for your children. This would be particularly important for people with older children who are thinking of going to Uni after completing year 12 - as with the 457 you would have to pay international fees.

The 457 does hinder you going for promotional jobs etc., or just moving around if you see a better job, as the other service would have to agree to take on your sponsorship. With the independent PR you can pretty much do as you please.

As said there is a jobs freeze in the public sector and there will no doubt be some redundancies (where these occur I don't know), so there may be less jobs available initially.