shipping mountain bike costs?

pegg

Hi guys , just a quickie - i was going to seel me bike and buy new in Perth , however im now thinking should i ship mine over. Its only a year old , very clean and cost me £3500 - so decent bit of kit.

So has anyone shipped bike or any advice , annoyed as sent my movecube monday and i should have shoved it in there somewhere …… Drats !

So, yep … any help plz

The move cube might not have left yet - they are stored until they fill a container full of them, so you could ask and see if you could get it in.

yeah , but i know they wrap them with shrink wrap etc …. but was going to call them as they do ship small items

I travelled with my bike as luggage. Expected to pay excess charges but they Just put it in the oversized luggage section without charge. Didn't even weigh it. Realise that's a bit of a gamble though.

Bike prices have gone up recently (presumably with the weakening Aussie dollar) so might be worth bringing even if you do pay extra.

if you're moving soon you'll be straight into the mtb season so at least that way you won't be waiting to get out!

I travelled with my bike as luggage. Expected to pay excess charges but they Just put it in the oversized luggage section without charge. Didn't even weigh it. Realise that's a bit of a gamble though.

Bike prices have gone up recently (presumably with the weakening Aussie dollar) so might be worth bringing even if you do pay extra.

if you're moving soon you'll be straight into the mtb season so at least that way you won't be waiting to get out!

Cool , yeah need to look into this more … cheers

I looked into shipping a bike with luggage... It doesn't matter how many bags you have within your 30kg allowance (on Emirates for certain flights). This is allowed, but there are size limits of 1.5m (I think). Check out the website of your flight provider. I was thinking of taking off the wheels, wrapping it all up together and putting it in the hold with my suitcase.

I looked into shipping a bike with luggage... It doesn't matter how many bags you have within your 30kg allowance (on Emirates for certain flights). This is allowed, but there are size limits of 1.5m (I think). Check out the website of your flight provider. I was thinking of taking off the wheels, wrapping it all up together and putting it in the hold with my suitcase.

Cheers , yeah supose its down to how much clothing etc where taking …. however pickfords shipping £147 , flight £300 ish

Cheers , yeah supose its down to how much clothing etc where taking …. however pickfords shipping £147 , flight £300 ish

Let us us know how it goes. I may be heading out before the family and container goes, so I was thinking of taking the bike (it's a road bike, so very light), as luggage do that I'd have a mode of transport until I get a car.

It shouldn't be excess luggage if I'm under my weight limit.

Let us us know how it goes. I may be heading out before the family and container goes, so I was thinking of taking the bike (it's a road bike, so very light), as luggage do that I'd have a mode of transport until I get a car.

It shouldn't be excess luggage if I'm under my weight limit.

yep will do :o)

When we travelled to USA a couple of years ago, my friend took his bike expecting to pay a fair bit extra but was told he could take an additional 45kg as sports equipment, so he did. On way back he put lots of cloths etc in with it he bought out there and had no problems.