Australian passport

gazz

have got date for my citizenship ceremony. 13 june.... problem is how to apply for an Australian passport, i am travelling in early august. will i have time etc also may have problems finding a witness for my appplication, hope someone can shed a light on this getting a little bit edgey, thanx in advance

Hi Gazz, I am sure you have already checked out the website information on how to apply for a new passport: https://ppol.passports.gov.au/web/forms/entrypoint.aspx.

If you are getting your citizenship on 13th June and traveling in August then you do have time to get your new passport.

Go to the nearest Post Office to have your passport photos taken while you can ask them any questions that you may have. Not sure they will be able to answer all of them though.

Find out if you can have an interview date set up before hand.

Also when filling the application select to pick up the passport from the passport office at Sherwood Court, Exchange Plaza building on 17th Floor personally which can save you at least couple of weeks by post.

Gazz have you looked at the passport info at https://www.passports.gov.au/passportsexplained/Pages/quicknewadultpassportguide.aspx

Note turn around is normally 3 weeks but you can opt for priority processing for an additional $127 fee.

What is the problem with the witness/guarantor? There are 28 categories to choose from. Worth having all in place by 13 June so that you can pick up your certificate and lodge your passport application as soon as you have your certificate details.

All the best with it.